• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Ohiogal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?
Quotes by Ohiogal in previous post----
And yet in spending $15k you couldn't bring this up then? Yeah right. He can't afford to live up to the child support agreement and yet you can afford $15k in expenses without mentioning a change in the child support agreement for college? If it is NOT going to happen then that is a choice he made. He CHOSE to go to court. He chose to spend that amount of money. If you are so broke how did you get the money to pay the lawyers? Did he raid the children's college funds?

If the kid wants to go to community college dad has to pay 1/2 the cost. If the kid wants to go to Harvard, dad only has to be responsible for 1/2 the cost up to the cost of room, board, tuition, fees at U of G. if the kid wants to go to U of G, then dad has to pay 1/2 the cost. This puts a cap on it. And it doesn't matter what mom says about wanting to party 1)with junior. It really doesn't. Get over your hatred of the woman. There is no reason to put that statement in this.

I wanted to get a few things straight in my head about all this. I did see somewhere that you claim to be a lawyer. Correct?

As an attorney you must have clients walk into your office all the time looking for representation. Well, we can only assume this. Anyway, Let's say a father walks into your office saying he would like to try and reverse physical custody from his ex-wife to himself. I can assume you would ask this father what grounds he would be basing that change of custody on. What would you do as the attorney in this situation?

1)The father produces for your viewing pleasure 13 911 calls plus corrisponding police reports to his ex-wifes house over the previous 3 months. All calls are for domestic disputes. Father's children actually places several of the calls themselves.
2)Father started recording telephone conversations with the ex-wife because of how bazaar her behaviour had become while talking with him. During one particular call between ex and father, ex-wife is off the charts and fires a 38 revolver off in the house to prove to father how 'angry' she is. Fired shot is very audible on the tape.
3)Father calls Georgia department of DFACS to report shot fired in house. Gives tape of shot to case worker. DEFACS decides to make an unanounced visit to mom's home at 6:45am on a school day to check on the kids. Case worker discovers children at home alone because mom did not come home the night before. Thus opening a full DEFACS investigation.
4)Father calls to check on children's school records. Discovers oldest child is in jeopardy of being held back a year because he has missed so many days of school. Child is failing several classes. Father finds out that juvenal courts have become involved in case at this point. Oldest has to go to court over truancy among other reasons.
5)Father discovers that juvenal courts have taken legal custody(whatever that means) of his children with mom having residencial placement pending the outcome of their investigation.
6)Father finds out mom has refused every random drug test DFACS has ordered to take. Always some excuse for why she can't go to the testing center in downtown Atlanta.
7)Mother had some kind of breakdown and went an emergency room because of the adverse reactions to the drugs she was taking. When they informed her they would be doing a drug test to see what was in her system she became violent to the point that hospital staff call the police and she was arrested. She was taken to a mental health lockdown where she was drug tested there.
8)Father has police reports of domestic disputes involving mom's family. Where they called the police on mom. Asking police to remove mom from their property. Two police reports where mom's mother is telling the policeman that mom is a drug abuser and she is trying to get mom into rehab but she won't go.
9)mom has been fired from yet another job and as of the time dad is in your office, mom is living on the streets of Atlanta. Kids have just arrived at dad's house for summer visitation and dad has no idea where the kids will be returning to at the end of the summer as mom has lost her house and car and job.

I quess I will stop with my list. I could go on for days I think. So, my question to you is this. Being the morally upstanding attorney that you are. I take it you would look at father's list and say oh, Mr.X I see that according to your divorce decree you are to pay for your two children's college educations. Are their accounts full and ready for them to withdraw from? No? Well, I think Mr. X you should just keep your money and go open college saving accounts with the money you would be giving me as a retainer. Because we have to uphold the divorce decree above all else. If the kids are still alive at age 18 and haven't been removed from your ex wife and placed in fostercare they will thank you.

Or, more probable scenario....Why, Mr. X I think you have an excellant case for change of custody. Here is my contract, read it over carefully. Please note that I require a $5000 retainer to begin any paperwork in your case. Any court filings or investigative work are of course extra. If at the time your trial comes up you do not have a minimum of $2000 in your trust account I will of course require an addition deposit of $5000 to represent your case in court.

We both know it would be the second scenario. Your postings were self-righteous at best. Hypocritical at worst.

I forgot to add, this was my husband's situation. He did all subpoena, calling, research, filings, etc., himself up to the point he entered his attorney's office. The attorney never mentioned the college funds, but was real eager to get the $4000 retainer to go to court trial with my husband a few days later. He told my husband he had done excellant leg work and items would be of great value at the hearing. Attorney used almost entire retain at temp hearing, because the hearing lasted all day. Then wanted more money to continue. Never once mentioned college funds.

Last edited:

B

BiggusJerkus

mom6stepmom2 said:
What is the name of your state?
Quotes by Ohiogal in previous post----
And yet in spending $15k you couldn't bring this up then? Yeah right. He can't afford to live up to the child support agreement and yet you can afford $15k in expenses without mentioning a change in the child support agreement for college? If it is NOT going to happen then that is a choice he made. He CHOSE to go to court. He chose to spend that amount of money. If you are so broke how did you get the money to pay the lawyers? Did he raid the children's college funds?

If the kid wants to go to community college dad has to pay 1/2 the cost. If the kid wants to go to Harvard, dad only has to be responsible for 1/2 the cost up to the cost of room, board, tuition, fees at U of G. if the kid wants to go to U of G, then dad has to pay 1/2 the cost. This puts a cap on it. And it doesn't matter what mom says about wanting to party 1)with junior. It really doesn't. Get over your hatred of the woman. There is no reason to put that statement in this.

I wanted to get a few things straight in my head about all this. I did see somewhere that you claim to be a lawyer. Correct?

As an attorney you must have clients walk into your office all the time looking for representation. Well, we can only assume this. Anyway, Let's say a father walks into your office saying he would like to try and reverse physical custody from his ex-wife to himself. I can assume you would ask this father what grounds he would be basing that change of custody on. What would you do as the attorney in this situation?

1)The father produces for your viewing pleasure 13 911 calls plus corrisponding police reports to his ex-wifes house over the previous 3 months. All calls are for domestic disputes. Father's children actually places several of the calls themselves.
2)Father started recording telephone conversations with the ex-wife because of how bazaar her behaviour had become while talking with him. During one particular call between ex and father, ex-wife is off the charts and fires a 38 revolver off in the house to prove to father how 'angry' she is. Fired shot is very audible on the tape.
3)Father calls Georgia department of DFACS to report shot fired in house. Gives tape of shot to case worker. DEFACS decides to make an unanounced visit to mom's home at 6:45am on a school day to check on the kids. Case worker discovers children at home alone because mom did not come home the night before. Thus opening a full DEFACS investigation.
4)Father calls to check on children's school records. Discovers oldest child is in jeopardy of being held back a year because he has missed so many days of school. Child is failing several classes. Father finds out that juvenal courts have become involved in case at this point. Oldest has to go to court over truancy among other reasons.
5)Father discovers that juvenal courts have taken legal custody(whatever that means) of his children with mom having residencial placement pending the outcome of their investigation.
6)Father finds out mom has refused every random drug test DFACS has ordered to take. Always some excuse for why she can't go to the testing center in downtown Atlanta.
7)Mother had some kind of breakdown and went an emergency room because of the adverse reactions to the drugs she was taking. When they informed her they would be doing a drug test to see what was in her system she became violent to the point that hospital staff call the police and she was arrested. She was taken to a mental health lockdown where she was drug tested there.
8)Father has police reports of domestic disputes involving mom's family. Where they called the police on mom. Asking police to remove mom from their property. Two police reports where mom's mother is telling the policeman that mom is a drug abuser and she is trying to get mom into rehab but she won't go.
9)mom has been fired from yet another job and as of the time dad is in your office, mom is living on the streets of Atlanta. Kids have just arrived at dad's house for summer visitation and dad has no idea where the kids will be returning to at the end of the summer as mom has lost her house and car and job.

I quess I will stop with my list. I could go on for days I think. So, my question to you is this. Being the morally upstanding attorney that you are. I take it you would look at father's list and say oh, Mr.X I see that according to your divorce decree you are to pay for your two children's college educations. Are their accounts full and ready for them to withdraw from? No? Well, I think Mr. X you should just keep your money and go open college saving accounts with the money you would be giving me as a retainer. Because we have to uphold the divorce decree above all else. If the kids are still alive at age 18 and haven't been removed from your ex wife and placed in fostercare they will thank you.

Or, more probable scenario....Why, Mr. X I think you have an excellant case for change of custody. Here is my contract, read it over carefully. Please note that I require a $5000 retainer to begin any paperwork in your case. Any court filings or investigative work are of course extra. If at the time your trial comes up you do not have a minimum of $2000 in your trust account I will of course require an addition deposit of $5000 to represent your case in court.

We both know it would be the second scenario. Your postings were self-righteous at best. Hypocritical at worst.
And who the hell are you again?

Oh yeah. Another poster who comes on here...looking for FREE ADVICE, but when you don't get the advice YOU want, you start acting like you're on the freaking rag. Then you act like you know what the hell you're talking about.

Here's an idea: get a can of Raid or any other bug killer and spray it you-know-where to kill the bug that's up your backside.

Now, go back to watching Springer, Maury or whatever it is the ilk of your kind spend all day doing. And STHU.

Oh yeah...this isn't a blog either.

Just Blue

BiggusJerkus said:

Oh yeah. Another poster who comes on here...looking for FREE ADVICE, but when you don't get the advice YOU want, you start acting like you're on the freaking rag. Then you act like you know what the hell you're talking about.

Here's an idea: get a can of Raid or any other bug killer and spray it you-know-where to kill the bug that's up your backside.

Now, go back to watching Springer, Maury or whatever it is the ilk of your kind spend all day doing. And STHU.

She got you again huh??:(

B

BiggusJerkus

baystategirl said:
She got you again huh??:(
Yeah...because someone goes whining and screaming and kicking like a little girl because I am too blunt LOL

BiggusJerkus said:

I quess I have no idea who you are either. Except maybe IAAL?

I have an attorney 'ragging' at me about how my husband could possibly spend money on reversing custody when their college funds aren't full. Reversing custody from a child abuser. And yes, all the legal stuff drained us financially. Is this standard response to potential clients? You are an attorney also. Correct? I thought the standard response from attornies is gleeful hand clapping as they take the check from the highest bidder. Doesn't really matter which parent they represent as long as they have cash and are the first ones through the door. My experience is they really don't care where the money comes from just so as they have it in hand before paperwork is started. My attorney asked me if I had credit cards, IRA's, trust funds, family members, the monthly grocery money, etc., to withdraw from when I last had to retain him.

StarsMoon said:
Is this the excitment for the day..... LOL....:p :p
Some ppl just don't get it....
Yes, I get it. My husband signed papers stating he will pay half. He is responsible for his kids college fund. I am responsible for my kids college funds. We aren't both responsible for the yours or mine only the ours. I am the step parent. No legal nothing whatsoever to my step children. Funny how that works. Some tell my husband to get a second job and work work work. This idea will leave the step kids in the hands of the nothing to anyone stepmom for extended periods of time for the rest of their childhood. But hey, that's me, mom to my own kids, the babysitter to the steps. I get it. I get it. I get it.

StarsMoon

mom6stepmom2 said:
Yes, I get it. My husband signed papers stating he will pay half. He is responsible for his kids college fund. I am responsible for my kids college funds. We aren't both responsible for the yours or mine only the ours. I am the step parent. No legal nothing whatsoever to my step children. Funny how that works. Some tell my husband to get a second job and work work work. This idea will leave the step kids in the hands of the nothing to anyone stepmom for extended periods of time for the rest of their childhood. But hey, that's me, mom to my own kids, the babysitter to the steps. I get it. I get it. I get it.
Hey unfortunately thats what happens when you get hooked up with a person that has kids prior to you. They are obligated to them, no matter what. That is something that we as steps fail to relize when we are getting with them. The beggining is always grand, then real life comes. I understand the boat you are in. But your hubby was that blinded to agree to certain condition and he has to abide by them now. I too, am a step and raising him on my own with his daddy. Yeah, it pisses me off that bio-tramp has no obligation to this child. She is suppose to but we all know how that goes. Anyways, just like me,
GRIN AND BEAR it....:p
it's part of being a parent.. whether to your own or someone elses....
Thats what we all forget until we are there and stuck with the responsibilities..
It's part of the ups and downs.....:eek: and if anyone wants to slam me for my OPINION.. lets go.... I've got kids too.. 1 of my own and a step ...:D :D
Stars.....

B

BiggusJerkus

BelizeBreeze said:
I do. and it will happen again unless you learn how to conduct yourself on this forum.
And guess what will continue to happen... :rolleyes:

B

BiggusJerkus

baystategirl said:
[/U][/B]

Is this directed at me or BigusJerkus??:confused:
Me because I like to call morons what they are.

Same goes with various forms of "trash" and uneducated backsides. Ask me if I give a crap, ya know...

E

eme76

hey bj....

BiggusJerkus said:
Me because I like to call morons what they are.

Same goes with various forms of "trash" and uneducated backsides. Ask me if I give a crap, ya know...

why is it only you that keeps getting the boot?
ive seen MANY others that are WAY worse:confused:

AHA

mom6stepmom2 said:
You are an attorney also. Correct?
Just FYI,

Sweetie, this site is for anyone and everyone, not excusively attorneys. YOU are able to post here and you are not an attorney, so that should give you a hint that you'll come across plenty of regular people who instead have experiences to share.

Every advice here is also FREE, so to toally rely on everything you are told here is also not a smart thing. If you, legally, are up the creek without a paddle, you consult face to face with an attorney who you would enclose ALL details to, not choose a DIY option from strangers online. If your family is at stake, don't you think they deserve a physical attorney instead of anonymous fictional usernames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">