• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old child support.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

overbilled_dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY and FL

Ok, here is my situation. my daughter is now 19 and living in Fl. she moved to fl after child support was ordered.

so when my kid was 3, i went to fl,, and left mom in ny. she, while i was in fl sued me for support, and reported to the court I made 60k a year. (no way, I wasnt even employed) I didnt go to court, so I didnt argue, and the judge ordered I pay 1200 a month, and back dated it to daughters birth, so I started out owing 25k.

child support enforsement got involved with this when mom went on welfare. the order was still a NY order, being collected by Fl.

in the end, I owed 30k, and I paid that off in full, and for the years between me paying that money, and when she turned 19 i always got notices that I owed 0.00 and my credit reported that the support was paid in full. (she was about 16 when I paid the child support in full. )

now that she is 19, they are billing me an additional 25k. they wont say what for, and I cant get anyone competent on the phone.

and I know you are going to ask if it is the child support for ages 16 through 18, but if that was the case why was I always billed 0.00 every month.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY and FL

Ok, here is my situation. my daughter is now 19 and living in Fl. she moved to fl after child support was ordered.

so when my kid was 3, i went to fl,, and left mom in ny. she, while i was in fl sued me for support, and reported to the court I made 60k a year. (no way, I wasnt even employed) I didnt go to court, so I didnt argue, and the judge ordered I pay 1200 a month, and back dated it to daughters birth, so I started out owing 25k.

child support enforsement got involved with this when mom went on welfare. the order was still a NY order, being collected by Fl.

in the end, I owed 30k, and I paid that off in full, and for the years between me paying that money, and when she turned 19 i always got notices that I owed 0.00 and my credit reported that the support was paid in full. (she was about 16 when I paid the child support in full. )

now that she is 19, they are billing me an additional 25k. they wont say what for, and I cant get anyone competent on the phone.

and I know you are going to ask if it is the child support for ages 16 through 18, but if that was the case why was I always billed 0.00 every month.
was there a court order for child support until the child was 18? and in NY (since NY has jurisdiction) child support is owed until 21.

overbilled_dad

Thank you.

According to this paperwork, the order for support was vacated in 1997. and that happened because mom sued me for more support, but I was able to show that she grossly overstated my income in her first complaint, and I was never served AND my daughter had been living with me. (which she was, up until mom took her out of school to go back to fl, out of the blue.) so the support order was overturned, but it didnt effect the arrears, just the future support. they got a total of almost 100,000 during the time support was ordered at 1200 a month.

the whole problem is Fl is trying to collect on arrears that I already paid several years ago.

I have tried to speak with Fl, but they are standing firm that I owe arrears, and they wont say if it was because mom went on welfare and I need to pay that back. Ny is in contention that I dont owe any arrears or additional support.

this appears to be a case of the hand not knowing what the elbow is doing.

Ny sais I owe nothing, Fl sais I owe additional moneys from my old old arrearages (that I paid)

I have sent fl the proof 100 times, but they just wont even discuss the possibility that I owe nothing.

Isis1

Thank you.

According to this paperwork, the order for support was vacated in 1997. and that happened because mom sued me for more support, but I was able to show that she grossly overstated my income in her first complaint, and I was never served AND my daughter had been living with me. (which she was, up until mom took her out of school to go back to fl, out of the blue.) so the support order was overturned, but it didnt effect the arrears, just the future support. they got a total of almost 100,000 during the time support was ordered at 1200 a month.

the whole problem is Fl is trying to collect on arrears that I already paid several years ago.

I have tried to speak with Fl, but they are standing firm that I owe arrears, and they wont say if it was because mom went on welfare and I need to pay that back. Ny is in contention that I dont owe any arrears or additional support.

this appears to be a case of the hand not knowing what the elbow is doing.

Ny sais I owe nothing, Fl sais I owe additional moneys from my old old arrearages (that I paid)

I have sent fl the proof 100 times, but they just wont even discuss the possibility that I owe nothing.
then you'll need to file a motion for a complete audit to be done, involving both FL and NY records.

overbilled_dad

Well, that sounds easy enough. I am in NY now, and daughter is in Fl now.

where should I file for an audit, and how do I file for an audit.

at the court with the original court orders, or in fl?

If I do not have a compleate file of all of these years, will each court And child support enforsement agency have their files?

should I try to talk this over with a lawyer? I was almost cleared to buy a house, before FL reported false info on my credit report...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">