• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

one payment after not paying for 4 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY
I received a payment from support recently this week. I believe it may have been the tax intercept but I cant be positive he could be getting something from workmans comp or even went back to old job I have no clue. Now he was 1 week away from them sending the letter to him for the license suspension. Does the time start all over now and I have to wait another 4 months of not paying for them to take action?

BL

I don't know where they ( CSEU ) is getting 4 months in arrears , before sending letters of suspension,Etc . unless it's a backlog or red tape issue .

I believe it's if you fall behind 1 or 2 months , action can occur .

I know in Florida they only have to be 15 days late before enforcement takes action; however, you have to stay on them for it to occur, I did. Call them everyday if you have to!

Blonde Lebinese said:
I don't know where they ( CSEU ) is getting 4 months in arrears , before sending letters of suspension,Etc . unless it's a backlog or red tape issue .

I believe it's if you fall behind 1 or 2 months , action can occur .
I meant for the license suspension as the action cause thats the next step. But because they got this $300 from taxes does that means he can not pay for another 4 months before they threaten the license suspension? Anyone know?

fairisfair

Momto1yrold said:
I meant for the license suspension as the action cause thats the next step. But because they got this $300 from taxes does that means he can not pay for another 4 months before they threaten the license suspension? Anyone know?
Yes, it is four months in the state of New york.
An account is eligible if the past due support amount is equal to or greater than four months of payments (excluding retroactive support); there are no Income Execution payments; and the NCP is not receiving TANF, SSI or has income below the Self-Support Reserve.
http://www.trainingspace.org/cse/module01/07_supEnf/_pg07_adAct_05_dricLic.cfm

N

nicetryadmin

Momto1yrold said:
It's very much possible. Alot of times a payment simply "resets" the cycle, if you will.

BL

fairisfair said:
Yes, it is four months in the state of New york.
An account is eligible if the past due support amount is equal to or greater than four months of payments (excluding retroactive support); there are no Income Execution payments; and the NCP is not receiving TANF, SSI or has income below the Self-Support Reserve.
http://www.trainingspace.org/cse/module01/07_supEnf/_pg07_adAct_05_dricLic.cfm
Thanks for the link and clarification, the two months is under tax refund offset ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">