• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OT: Long Shot Lawsuit - "Roe v. Wade for Men"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

well that should be interesting since they already have that right in two ways- abstinence and condoms:rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And of course, a lot of these types of issues would be moot if people actually behaved like adults and were responsible about who they have sex with and made a point of protecting themselves, rather than behaving like rutting animals.

I cannot believe that they can even bring this case before the courts!!!! It is absolutely ridiculus that there are men that think this way!!! :eek:

Gracie3787

Well, I guess so far I'm going to be lone dissenter on this issue. Although I agree that this particular lawsuit will fail, I also agree with the philosophy behind the suit.

Even the courts have admitted that it isn't fair to men, but refuse to do anything about it. Personally, I disagree with abortion rights, however, the law is that it is an option for a woman, and I believe strongly in our lawful rights being upheld.

One of the points made in the suit is very correct, men do not have as many CHOICES as women:

A man has the choice to:
1. Use a condom
2. Abstain
3. Sterilization

A woman has the choice to:
1. Use birth control (pill, shots, spermacides, etc.)
2. Abstain
3. Refuse to have sex unless man uses condom
4. Abortion
5. Adoption
6. Sterilization

The unfortunate reality is that women, simply because they can get pregnant, have many more choices. When you really look at all the possible choices for both, it really gets scary:

1. Condom use: at least with this option BOTH know that precaution is taken.

2. Abstinence: not really an option for some, human nature compels sexual desire, and not everyone is truly capable of abstinence.

3. Sterilization: Perfect if the person never wants kids, or anymore kids. The problem with this option is that a man can SAY he's sterile, but the woman can't be sure. A woman can SAY she's sterile, but the man can't be sure.

4.Bith control methods- pill, etc. The woman can SAY she's on BC, but the man can't be sure.

5.No sex, unless man wears condom- this choice falls solely onthe woman, the man can take it or leave it.

6. Abortion: This is where things get tricky, a woman can choose to abort- the man has absolutley no say so whatsoever in what happens to the child he helped create. Men have no legal rights at all- if the woman decides she does want the baby, he has no say, he cannot tell or even ask that she abort. If a woman opts to abort, the man does not have the legal right to demand that she carry, and he can raise HIS child.

7. Adoption: The law says that the father has the legal right to object to an adoption, which works, when he KNOWS about the baby, but quite often in unmarried situations, the bio father is never notified that he even has a child.

I know this is long, and I apologize. I do see both sides of the argument, and for me personally it comes down to this: Wade v Roe came about partly due to women wanting equality, it's HER body, so it should be HER decision, so okay- then why shouldn't SHE bear more responsibilty for birth control than the man?

After all, the truth is that for everyone of our wonderful RIGHTS there is a corresponding RESPONSIBILTY that goes along with it.

Just my personal opinions.
Gracie:)

Gracie3787

stealth2 said:
There are women who do, too. Usually new g/f's or wives.
I'm a slow typist so I didn't see this until after I posted. You might be right, but for me, I believed these things years and years ago, even before ROE v Wade. (yes, I'm a second wife, but my beliefs didn't change).

tylersmom

Gracie3787 said:
Well, I guess so far I'm going to be lone dissenter on this issue. Although I agree that this particular lawsuit will fail, I also agree with the philosophy behind the suit.

Even the courts have admitted that it isn't fair to men, but refuse to do anything about it. Personally, I disagree with abortion rights, however, the law is that it is an option for a woman, and I believe strongly in our lawful rights being upheld.

One of the points made in the suit is very correct, men do not have as many CHOICES as women:

A man has the choice to:
1. Use a condom
2. Abstain
3. Sterilization

A woman has the choice to:
1. Use birth control (pill, shots, spermacides, etc.)
2. Abstain
3. Refuse to have sex unless man uses condom
4. Abortion
5. Adoption
6. Sterilization

The unfortunate reality is that women, simply because they can get pregnant, have many more choices. When you really look at all the possible choices for both, it really gets scary:

1. Condom use: at least with this option BOTH know that precaution is taken.

2. Abstinence: not really an option for some, human nature compels sexual desire, and not everyone is truly capable of abstinence.

3. Sterilization: Perfect if the person never wants kids, or anymore kids. The problem with this option is that a man can SAY he's sterile, but the woman can't be sure. A woman can SAY she's sterile, but the man can't be sure.

4.Bith control methods- pill, etc. The woman can SAY she's on BC, but the man can't be sure.

5.No sex, unless man wears condom- this choice falls solely onthe woman, the man can take it or leave it.

6. Abortion: This is where things get tricky, a woman can choose to abort- the man has absolutley no say so whatsoever in what happens to the child he helped create. Men have no legal rights at all- if the woman decides she does want the baby, he has no say, he cannot tell or even ask that she abort. If a woman opts to abort, the man does not have the legal right to demand that she carry, and he can raise HIS child.

7. Adoption: The law says that the father has the legal right to object to an adoption, which works, when he KNOWS about the baby, but quite often in unmarried situations, the bio father is never notified that he even has a child.

I know this is long, and I apologize. I do see both sides of the argument, and for me personally it comes down to this: Wade v Roe came about partly due to women wanting equality, it's HER body, so it should be HER decision, so okay- then why shouldn't SHE bear more responsibilty for birth control than the man?

After all, the truth is that for everyone of our wonderful RIGHTS there is a corresponding RESPONSIBILTY that goes along with it.

Just my personal opinions.
Are you serious? Ever hear of "you play, you pay?"

Gracie, well some of what you say is true......but the man knows the rules when he gets involved......it is not like the woman has sex with him and then springs these options on him......he knows, she knows......both need to deal with the consequences on their actions.....

Gracie3787 said:
Yes, and I agree with that- however have you ever heard of "equality of the sexes" ?
Gracie, there is equality!! In this particular action, everybody knows the rules going in......you know the rules, you break them, you pay the price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">