• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of date levy used against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adambomb

What is the name of your state? California

My ex-wife has used out of date documents against me before.

I do not have full custody of our children, however I have visitation. I am not required to pay child support.

I just opened up a new bank account (I was finally able to after my ex-wife driving us into debt). I opened this account up about three months ago. The other day I find out that she used a levy that is out of date to empty my account. I don't even know how she found out that I had opened an account.

She may have used an old court document to obtain a new levy. I'm not sure. She has used the old court document against me before instead of using the new/updated one. All the bank would say to me was "get a lawyer".

My ex and I are still in a court battle over my children since she was frequently denying me my visitation rights.

What should I do? I do not have a lot of income, so this really has hurt me this month. I have to rely on the Public Law Center for my lawyer and they keep switching me to someone new. Any help or advice is truly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">