• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

water_horse311

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? utah
I have a case with the Office of recovery services, but my X boyfriend has left the state and the office of recovery services say that they cannot find him. Is there anything that i can do? Is it just a lost cause?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? utah
I have a case with the Office of recovery services, but my X boyfriend has left the state and the office of recovery services say that they cannot find him. Is there anything that i can do? Is it just a lost cause?
Unless you are willing to pay for a P.I. then I'd say yes.

water_horse311

A private investigater....there's no way i could even afford that. yeah guess it is a lost cause. I guess when he wants to be found he will be.

thanks for your help.

Antigone*

A private investigater....there's no way i could even afford that. yeah guess it is a lost cause. I guess when he wants to be found he will be.

thanks for your help.
You are going to have to figure out how to care for your child on your own. I know many people who are owed tons of money in child support and they have resigned to the fact no money will ever come. And yet, they find a way to take care of their children and do just fine.

mistoffolees

Unless you are willing to pay for a P.I. then I'd say yes.
Not necessarily. There are lots of other ways to track someone down. Google, Facebook. Linkedin. And so on.

I would also talk with a supervisor at the CSE office. Even if they can't find him, that doesn't mean that they can't do anything. They can continue to search via his SS number and track him down if he gets a job in the future. Or opens a bank account. Or they could seize his tax refund.

It is VERY hard to hide for long if someone wants to make a diligent effort to find you.

Although the other advice you got is spot on. While you should continue to look for him, do not count on getting any money from him soon. You'll need to find a way to support your child without his help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">