• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of work for medical reasons.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kennymech

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

I was currently excused from work for a month due to a surgery for cancer. I'm ordered to pay child support, but I wasn't able to work during that month in order to pay child support. Since then it has fallen behind and is now starting to collect interest. Can I go to court to have that month excused?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

I was currently excused from work for a month due to a surgery for cancer. I'm ordered to pay child support, but I wasn't able to work during that month in order to pay child support. Since then it has fallen behind and is now starting to collect interest. Can I go to court to have that month excused?
I am truly sorry for what you have been going through, but unfortunately no, you cannot have that month excused. Your children still had needs that month despite your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">