• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over 18

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smiley0318

I live in Massachusetts and i am currently 19. My mother recieves child support but she doesn't spend the money on me. I live at college and i am never home enough for her to have to use the money for groceries/bills because i hardly ever eat here anyways. I go back to school with no money at all for things that i may need. Although she is paying for my college my father is also paying for half so the child support isn't going towards my education. I talked to one of my friends and she said that she recieves her child support money in a bank account for her personally. I just wanted to get some other peoples opinion about this situation.

smiley0318 said:
I live in Massachusetts and i am currently 19. My mother recieves child support but she doesn't spend the money on me. I live at college and i am never home enough for her to have to use the money for groceries/bills because i hardly ever eat here anyways. I go back to school with no money at all for things that i may need. Although she is paying for my college my father is also paying for half so the child support isn't going towards my education. I talked to one of my friends and she said that she recieves her child support money in a bank account for her personally. I just wanted to get some other peoples opinion about this situation.
Sweetheart, she is paying for your college.....you are sitting pretty....most people have to work their butts off to put themselves through college.....if she is paying for your college, where do you think the money is coming from??

ceara19

txrose1998 said:
Sweetheart, she is paying for your college.....you are sitting pretty....most people have to work their butts off to put themselves through college.....if she is paying for your college, where do you think the money is coming from??
I think the OP is under the assumption that because DAD pays for half also, MOM'S half should be paid for with MOM'S income and not the child support. But even if that is the case, the op's mom isn't REQUIRED to pay for college. I say if he wants the CS to go straight to him, mom should not keep paying for his education. I doubt the child support would not even come close to what mom's paying in tuition.

Gum_Drop

How about this, Tell her to just give you the back child support, and not pay your tution, fair is fair... Either way you will need to get a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">