• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

over due child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shoulders

What is the name of your state?Illinois, Hello, I have been divorced for 5 years. The ex is grossly behind in child support, balance remaining of $14,000.00 and still not paying. I have been to court two times over this matter, but justice seems to fall in his court always. The ex uses his brain tumor surgary excuse everytime. Well, the tumor is gone and the surgary was three years ago, during this time the ex brought a new child into this world with the new wife. Is there any justice for my beautiful children and their needs? How can I get any child support when the ex works for cash and doesn't file taxes. Any advice?
shoulders

red rose

how do you do it? Iam recently divorceed and already having problems getting child support as ordered I cant imagine having to fight this battle for the next 13+ years

Gracie3787

shoulders said:
What is the name of your state?Illinois, Hello, I have been divorced for 5 years. The ex is grossly behind in child support, balance remaining of $14,000.00 and still not paying. I have been to court two times over this matter, but justice seems to fall in his court always. The ex uses his brain tumor surgary excuse everytime. Well, the tumor is gone and the surgary was three years ago, during this time the ex brought a new child into this world with the new wife. Is there any justice for my beautiful children and their needs? How can I get any child support when the ex works for cash and doesn't file taxes. Any advice?
shoulders
Is ex getting Social Security Disability? If so, it can be garnished for CS. Is ex claiming that he has NO INCOME due to DISABILITY? Has court accepted his claim and put that finding into an order? If so, I know that a friend of mine took her order to Social Security and was able to get benefits for her son even though his father wasn't collecting SSDI because he was married to a woman who was well off and supported him. You will need to call SSA to find out how to get it started.

The only other thing you can do is to file another contempt motion, do a public records search to see if ex owns (even if as a co-owner) anything that can be attached. You can ask that the court impute income to ex also.
Maybe someone else has more suggestions.
I wish you the best.

nextwife

shoulders said:
Well, the tumor is gone and the surgary was three years ago s
Just an FYI on this. Obviously, if he is not paying, file contempt.

However do not labor under the mistaken idea that a person who completed surgery for removal of a brain tumor would no longer be impacted by that surgery merely because three years has passed. The surgery ITSELF to remove abrain tumor can have a significant, or subtle, PERMANENT impact on an individual. Depending on what area they needed to cut through, results could include language difficulties, short term memory, personality changes, trouble with concentration and a host of other problems that interfere with ones ability to perform duties demanded by a particular professional discipline. Also, many people misunderstand that a "benign" tumor, IF in the confined area of the skull, CAN cause death. It need not nave been malignant to do that. Benign means it will not metastasize and travel to other parts of the body. I was close to someone whose "benign" tumor grew back after it was cut out and killed him five years later.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">