• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid in Advance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benn

What is the name of your state?Pa Last year My child Mother was in trouble she needed money fast . So she removed the support order, I was paying $55.00 per week .She asked me to pay her a lump sum I paid 4,400.00 on 10/05 we agreed that i was paid up till 04/ 07 I have my receipt and court paper's to prove .Everything was going well untill now .She is hauling me back to court for child support after 6 month's .I don't now if ishould of helped her out that way I was paying my child support order for 15 year's, never late Now I' m in this mess, she is saying i never paid her. I do not now what the outcome will be.

NotSoNew

well that wasnt the way to go about it, since she cancelled the support order that means you dont owe any arrears, which is good but she has a right to reinstate the order at any time. If you have a written agreement you can try to present it to the court but if its not signed by the court they dont have to accept it and can very well order you to start paying again.

benn

signed receipt

Thank you for your Advice .All I have is a receipt for 4,400.00 and it states that I do not owe child support untill 04/07 and it's signed by her .

Neal1421

benn said:
What is the name of your state?Pa Last year My child Mother was in trouble she needed money fast . So she removed the support order, I was paying $55.00 per week .She asked me to pay her a lump sum I paid 4,400.00 on 10/05 we agreed that i was paid up till 04/ 07 I have my receipt and court paper's to prove .Everything was going well untill now .She is hauling me back to court for child support after 6 month's .I don't now if ishould of helped her out that way I was paying my child support order for 15 year's, never late Now I' m in this mess, she is saying i never paid her. I do not now what the outcome will be.
What court papers do you have?
Did you give the $4,000 directly to her or did you send it through the Child Support Agency?

rmet4nzkx

If you were paying $55 per week for 15 years, you are due for a modification, possibly that is why mom needed the lump sum and now is filing to reenstate child support and modification. If you had the ability to pay $4,400 in a lump sum, you should have no problem paying a more current rate. Get an attorney.

benn

15 year's I paid various amount's

I meant the total year's of paying child support ..15 year's I paid various amount's over that time . She never went back to court for a modification, I mostly take care of my son and when she want's money I give her two or three thousand dollar's to cover any short fall 's .
Only now this time she stoped the support order.

benn

consent order

Neal1421 said:
What court papers do you have?
Did you give the $4,000 directly to her or did you send it through the Child Support Agency?
No I paid her debt off directly to the creditor.Then she gave me a reciept for the amount .
The paper i have is a consent order to suspend the court order .

Last edited:

benn

All the other monies was for my Child. Mum was the one who said she was thankful And, said I would not have to give her any money till 2007. I don't have a problem paying support.I am just going by what she wrote on the reciept .

Neal1421

benn said:
No I paid her debt off directly to the creditor.Then she gave me a reciept for the amount .
The paper i have is a consent order to suspend the court order .
Big mistake. Never give her money directly. I am sure your lawyer will attest to that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">