• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parent is paying minimum to avoid CSE legal actions....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pebbles644

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex-husband is ordered to pay $450.00(rounding) a month in child support. In the last 4 months, he has paid a total of $111.46. Now, Child Support Enforcement says they are sending a letter to their local enforcement office. But what I need to know is what I can do to find out why he is not paying full amounts when I know for a fact he is working full time. He works with his father and I know he is being paid partially under the table and the rest by paycheck so that when CSE pulls out, they only pull out the percentage they can w/o taking his entire check.

What can I do to prove this??? His last payment to me was $11.22, why even bother!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

My ex-husband is ordered to pay $450.00(rounding) a month in child support. In the last 4 months, he has paid a total of $111.46. Now, Child Support Enforcement says they are sending a letter to their local enforcement office. But what I need to know is what I can do to find out why he is not paying full amounts when I know for a fact he is working full time. He works with his father and I know he is being paid partially under the table and the rest by paycheck so that when CSE pulls out, they only pull out the percentage they can w/o taking his entire check.

What can I do to prove this??? His last payment to me was $11.22, why even bother!!!
At least you are getting something. How do you know he is being paid under the table?

Gracie3787

The CSE will send your ex a letter explaining that if the payments are not brought current, they will suspend his DL, and can file a motion for contempt.

If you still haven't recieved the full amount by Oct 1, ask your caseworker to file a motion for contempt.

pebbles644

Ohiogal - he told me he was getting paid under the table. he was working at a bar PT as a cook and getting paid under the table there and is now working with his father @ a waffle house (wont tell me which one) but his father is part of management, CSE said that he was not employeed as of July 11th, but he was still going in and working which was why he couldn't watch our daughter on nights I had to work. So my guess, his father returned the papers, the request for income deduction, and said he was no longer employed with them. He is again working there, showing PT status but works FT hours. He has, since my last post made another payment of $45.

Gracie 3787 - CSE, every time I call them they tell me they will put an update or note in the system to check why he has not been making full payments. Since our divorce, he is about $11,000 behind in back child support. This has been an ongoing issue, and for some odd freakin reason noone is suspending his license like they did in the very beginning when he missed payment after payment. Payment history for last few months is below, laugh with me please HA:

9/15 42.50, 9/9 11.22, 8/18 35.79, (this one is my favorite) 6/30 9.50, 6/23 23.41

Like I said before he is suppose to pay close to $500/month and this is his last 5 payments to me.... Where is the enforcement? The only reason I am raising a big stink about this is b/c I pay darn near close to half of my paycheck in childcare almost every week and he just spends the money he has like it is nothing. Wish I could spend what money I do have on my kids, but bills come first... anything xtra after that, only goes to what they need if necessary.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">