• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights terminated due to adoption a year ago, still paying support.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wvfan1

My parental rights for my son were terminated in April of last year due to adoption, and child support is still being taken from my wages. I have received no paperwork since the hearing and am still receiving statements, yet I don't owe any back support or interest. Where should I go from here?:confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My parental rights for my son were terminated in April of last year due to adoption, and child support is still being taken from my wages. I have received no paperwork since the hearing and am still receiving statements, yet I don't owe any back support or interest. Where should I go from here?:confused:
Was the adoption finalized?

wvfan1

Yes the adoption was finalized as far as I know, according to the hearing it was final that day. I have never received any documents in the mail either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">