• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Termination - then RE-marry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ph4r40h_y4m1

What is the name of your state? Currently - Arizona

I am the Child in question. My Father divorced my mother when i was about 5 months and terminated her parental right because she supposedly didn't want me. This divorce took place in Casper, Wyoming. 3 years later, he re-married her, wanting her to be a part of my life, but warned her that if she did anything to harm me, she was gone. suffice it to say, she hurt me emotianally:( about a year after they re-married. They got divorced again:( , Marriage and Divorce this time around took place in Nevada.

My question, and my father's is, since they re-married, does that entitle her to pay child support? and if so, what state do we file with, Nevada? if you can help, thanks alot.:)What is the name of your state?

justalayman

ph4r40h_y4m1 said:
My question, and my father's is, since they re-married, does that entitle her to pay child support? and if so, what state do we file with, Nevada? if you can help, thanks alot.:)What is the name of your state?
I like how you put that, "entitle" her to pay. I think yo mean require to pay.
Another point, "we" do not file anywhere.

Unless the woman your father married adpoted you, she is not your mom in any way legally. No legal status, no money owed.

ph4r40h_y4m1

So let me get this straight...

justalayman said:
I like how you put that, "entitle" her to pay. I think yo mean require to pay.
Another point, "we" do not file anywhere.

Unless the woman your father married adpoted you, she is not your mom in any way legally. No legal status, no money owed.
even though he re-married my biological mother, after having her parental rights taken away, she would've had to adopted me in order to be considered my mother again legally and is therefore under no obligation to pay child support. is that correct?

AHA

ph4r40h_y4m1 said:
even though he re-married my biological mother, after having her parental rights taken away, she would've had to adopted me in order to be considered my mother again legally and is therefore under no obligation to pay child support. is that correct?
Yes, so let the madness end now and move on. Tell your dad to do the same since it was HIS choice to be the sole financial provider for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">