• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting time calculation and full-time day care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

giftedsanta

What is the name of your state? California

Our child is in full-time daycare from 9AM-6PM, five days
a week. We share the high daycare costs equally according to
the Court order.

Can the time spent in daycare be factored into the percentage
of parenting time calculation as no parenting time for both the parents?

ezmarelda

Our child is in full-time daycare from 9AM-6PM, five days
a week. We share the high daycare costs equally according to
the Court order.

Can the time spent in daycare be factored into the percentage
of parenting time calculation as no parenting time for both the parents?

Ummm, goin' out on a limb here and have to say "NO":rolleyes:

jbowman

Hmm this is an odd one. So when the child is sick--who would keep him/her home to care for them? Day care provider has to take the day off work, I guess.

razzidad

Sorry that I can't answer that but I just wanted to offer support and let you know that I too feel confused. When is a day considered a day? Why does it vary from state to state? If a child gets home at 9 and spends 1 hour awake and a 45 minutes with a parent the next morning getting ready for and travelling to school is that considered two days?

M

Mediate

:rolleyes:
Sorry that I can't answer that but I just wanted to offer support and let you know that I too feel confused. When is a day considered a day? Why does it vary from state to state? If a child gets home at 9 and spends 1 hour awake and a 45 minutes with a parent the next morning getting ready for and travelling to school is that considered two days?
That's waaaayyy too technical. If the child is in daycare, then it's neither parent's time. Hence the need for daycare and why you are sharing costs. Someone tryin' to get more green?

fairisfair

That's waaaayyy too technical. If the child is in daycare, then it's neither parent's time. Hence the need for daycare and why you are sharing costs. Someone tryin' to get more green?
One way or the other!!! either more support, or more credit toward parenting time (or a reduction for the other parent, however you want to look at it);)

ceara19

One way or the other!!! either more support, or more credit toward parenting time (or a reduction for the other parent, however you want to look at it);)
If they are splitting the cost of daycare, they should split the "time" as well. That would be the FAAIR thing to do. However, I don't know of any states that actually look at it this way.

ezmarelda

My thoughts after reading some of OP's past threads is this...Mom is CP Dad has EOW+holidays & 1/2 school breaks, Mom & Dad work full time 9-5 m-f sortof thing...Dad wants all the hrs Jr is in daycare during the week while Mom is working taken off her time% w/Jr. thus increasing his % and lowering his CS:rolleyes: ...

...well OP am I close?

giftedsanta

I have equal number of pickups from daycare in the evenings every month. What I dont have is equal overnights/dropoff in the daycare.

Does this additional information help to reach any conclusion?

CJane

I have equal number of pickups from daycare in the evenings every month. What I dont have is equal overnights/dropoff in the daycare.

Does this additional information help to reach any conclusion?
In my state, it does not matter who has the child during the day. All 'parenting time' is calculated using overnights.... and it's overnights that the parent is awarded, not actual nights spent in the parent's house.

So, my kids could spend all day every day at their dad's house (and did 2 summers ago as his wife was providing child care for us) and as long as the overnights are 'mine', it's my parenting time as far as CS calculations are concerned. They can spend every Sat night at my dad's house or a friend's house or my 2 weeks in the summer at summer camp and it's still MY time.

The state isn't going to take 24 hours and divide out when the child is at school and when they spend an hour with you for dinner, or when they're w/great aunt mabel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">