• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlw62

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas, is kansas a zero balance state for obtaining a passport

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas, is kansas a zero balance state for obtaining a passport
I've done some googling, and can't come up with it...even on the KS Child Support Services site. I'm still looking.

Perhaps you could call/email your child support caseworker for more info on how to reinstate a passport.

Toll Free 1-888-7-KS-CHILD (1-888-757-2445)1-888-688-1666TTY www.usa-800.com/rback/kschild/kschild.asp

Kansas Payment Center
Toll Free 1-877-KPC-KPCC (1-877-572-5722)

ETA: Found it http://content.srs.ks.gov/CSE/KCSEM/Section5.asp#5210_4

5210.4 Passport Denial

In order to be certified for Passport Denial, an NCP must have an arrearage balance of at least $2500. The child does not need to be a minor for a debt to be certified for Passport Denial. The KAECSES system will automatically certify an NCP for Passport Denial when a debt reaches the certification criteria.

Once a person has been certified for passport denial, they must make arrangements to pay off the entire arrears balance. They will not automatically be decertified for reducing the arrears balance to less than the threshold amount. Threshold amount is $2500.
It doesn't get specific--but I'm guessing this statement may mean KS is a zero balance state. You may be able to enter into some type of payment plan to reinstate once you are below the threshold.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">