• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Past Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dredman

What is the name of your state? Ohio: I'm asking this question on behalf of my fianc'ee. Father did not pay child support for first ten years of child life. He nows has custody of child and she now has to pay support. Can she request back support even though there was no support order ever issued? Thank you.

GrowUp!

dredman said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio: I'm asking this question on behalf of my fianc'ee. Father did not pay child support for first ten years of child life. He nows has custody of child and she now has to pay support. Can she request back support even though there was no support order ever issued? Thank you.
Her chance to pursue back support was during the intial support establishment that you two went through -- and sounds like it is now final and in effect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">