• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity, Paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knicole

What is the name of your state? NY

My boyfriend recently did a home paternity test with his 8 year old alleged son. The test excluded him from being the father. However the results are not legally binding because he didnt have photo id for the child. But this doesnt really matter now because we know their dna's do not match.

First of all he did this test without the mothers permission. Can you tell me if there are laws that state he needs the mother permission?

Secondly, Although we gave the mother a copy of the results she is in denial and wants the courts to decide paternity. That's fine with him. However, he has a very good feeling that she will take forever filing the paperwork. And at this point he wants this chick out of his life, therefore he needs to know if he can appear in Family Court and file the paternity petition himself without having to wait for her. Right now all he knows is her North Carolina address( believed to be her new current residence) and he knows the sons SS#. Also be advised that his name is not on the birth certificate and that her mother is the child's legal guardian. what a mess lol

One more question:) Althought he voluntarily paid child support does this mean he admitted to being the childs father. i'm trying to figure out if this is concidered 'filiation'
To me it was more like being a father under false pretense. anyway thanks in advance

Just Blue

StickyFingers said:
Do you really need a lesson in "promiscuous"(ness):rolleyes: ;) :D

No...I think I know the answer to the question ...But am interested in hearing what the OP has to say...;)

IAAL-13

StickyFingers said:
Do you really need a lesson in "promiscuous"(ness):rolleyes: ;) :D

So.....OP, ..All you want is money?

My response:

The word is "promiscuity"; i.e., "Do you really need a lesson in "promiscuity." There, you learned a new word!

IAAL

Just Blue

IAAL-13 said:
My response:

The word is "promiscuity"; i.e., "Do you really need a lesson in "promiscuity." There, you learned a new word!

IAAL

All the way up to 13..Wow!...How long till you are "IAAL1,000,000,000"? 2 weeks?...3?:rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

Knicole said:
What is the name of your state? NY

My boyfriend recently did a home paternity test with his 8 year old alleged son. The test excluded him from being the father. However the results are not legally binding because he didnt have photo id for the child. But this doesnt really matter now because we know their dna's do not match.
you don't KNOW anything.
First of all he did this test without the mothers permission. Can you tell me if there are laws that state he needs the mother permission?
no
Secondly, Although we gave the mother a copy of the results she is in denial and wants the courts to decide paternity.
And that is her and the court's right. Your test is worthless.
That's fine with him. However, he has a very good feeling that she will take forever filing the paperwork.
So tell HIM to get off his lazy ass and file them himself.
And at this point he wants this chick out of his life, therefore he needs to know if he can appear in Family Court and file the paternity petition himself without having to wait for her.
What about the bossy chick in his life now?
Right now all he knows is her North Carolina address( believed to be her new current residence) and he knows the sons SS#. Also be advised that his name is not on the birth certificate and that her mother is the child's legal guardian. what a mess lol
Yep, and you're in his life. Makes you wonder about YOUR discretion.
One more question:) Althought he voluntarily paid child support does this mean he admitted to being the childs father. i'm trying to figure out if this is concidered 'filiation'
To me it was more like being a father under false pretense. anyway thanks in advance
It's considered a gift. And unless there is a court order for support, he doesn't have to give the little brat a dime. Of course, if he screwed the test and the court finds he IS the father, he'll be stuck with retroactive support.

So, tell him to grow some cajones.

IAAL-13

baystategirl said:
All the way up to 13..Wow!...How long till you are "IAAL1,000,000,000"? 2 weeks?...3?:rolleyes:

My response:

Probably in less time than that, and that's because M a r y is a fat old pig, with tits down to her knees. Ooops! See ya later . . . looks like 14 is right around the corner!

IAAL

Just Blue

IAAL-13 said:
My response:

Probably in less time than that, and that's because M a r y is a fat old pig, with tits down to her knees. Ooops! See ya later . . . looks like 14 is right around the corner!

IAAL

Bet you were a pain in the ass when you were a kid, huh? Did you give your mother prematurely gray hair?

IAAL-13

baystategirl said:
Bet you were a pain in the ass when you were a kid, huh? Did you give your mother prematurely gray hair?
My response:

Yes, I was. How could you tell?

As for Mom's hair, I wouldn't know. She was a L'oreal woman. But now, she's pushing up daisies.

IAAL

Just Blue

IAAL-13 said:
My response:

Yes, I was. How could you tell?

As for Mom's hair, I wouldn't know. She was a L'oreal woman. But now, she's pushing up daisies.

IAAL

Oh...I have this special gift, what can I say....:p

Be a good boy...;)

Knicole

He said he was an ******* for 8 years plus he loved the kid. But he always had doubts and never acted upon them fearing retro support.

LdiJ

Knicole said:
He said he was an ******* for 8 years plus he loved the kid. But he always had doubts and never acted upon them fearing retro support.
Define what you mean by "voluntarily paid child support"....as long as no state agency or court was involved in the child support issue...and as long as he wasn't married to mom when the child was born and declared the legal father as a result... he is totally free to stop providing support. That would leave it up to mom to pursue support. Assuming that his home DNA test wasn't botched...a future court ordered test should produce the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">