• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessica914

We have recently found out my husbands child is not biologically his, he has paid for 14 years of support and wants to know what we can do to go back on this money. He also wants the daughter to remove his last name. We want the mother to take care of her responsibilities, we haven't been able to have a relationship with the children because of her and they barely know him. Is this possible? We feel there has been a lot of deception and we recently completed anothern DNA test on her sister just to be sure she is his. So sad how a woman can be so deceiving for all these years.

Silverplum

We have recently found out my husbands child is not biologically his, he has paid for 14 years of support and wants to know what we can do to go back on this money. He also wants the daughter to remove his last name. We want the mother to take care of her responsibilities, we haven't been able to have a relationship with the children because of her and they barely know him. Is this possible? We feel there has been a lot of deception and we recently completed anothern DNA test on her sister just to be sure she is his. So sad how a woman can be so deceiving for all these years.
This is not your legal business, and there's nothing "we" can do.

There's no court in the land that will rescind his fatherhood after 14 years, period. Likewise, but of no real consequence, no child support will be "refunded."

Frankly, it's sad and mean that you/he/"we" even consider this. :(

Proserpina

Not happening.

The court will not disestablish his paternity at this point no matter where you live in the US.

Of course, if he wanted to, he could have fought to see his daughter. I suppose it wasn't that big of a priority.

Proserpina

This is not your legal business, and there's nothing "we" can do.

There's no court in the land that will rescind his fatherhood after 14 years, period. Likewise, but of no real consequence, no child support will be "refunded."

Frankly, it's sad and mean that you/he/"we" even consider this. :(
With all of the grief and the pain of this last week especially, now we have a father wanting to dump his child and go as far as removing HER name?

I don't know, SP. I just don't know anymore.

And frankly, if it were my husband, I'd be on my way out of that marriage. While it's unfair that Mom - if we believe the tale we're being told - "hid" things from Dad, the fact that he'd simply dump his child without a second thought would be enough to tell me that he wasn't the man I thought he was.

Of course, it may not actually be Dad prompting this ...

Just Blue

Don't you feel a little bit embarrassed posting for this jerk? :(

Jessica914

From the Jerk

Maybe you should hear both sides of the deception! I wonder, If after 14 years, a child shows up at your door step that belonged to your spouse, would you want to be held accountable for a mistake your spouse made. Then have to pay for child support and other cost of something you didn't know? I bet not. There are 2 sides to this story, so don't assume to be a know it all. Far to long has men been stripped of their rights when it comes to this issue. It's time for a change. Time to hold the person accountable for there infidelity. Yes, sad for the child but who is the one who caused it. Not the assumed father who didn't know!!! I don't wish this on anyone nor do I enjoy this, I've taken every step to be there and see the children, she took the steps to keep them away so that I wouldn't find this out... it's not a matter of money nor a gain, it's a matter of her taken responsibility for her actions.
The Jerk

Just Blue

Maybe you should hear both sides of the deception! I wonder, If after 14 years, a child shows up at your door step that belonged to your spouse, would you want to be held accountable for a mistake your spouse made. Then have to pay for child support and other cost of something you didn't know? I bet not. There are 2 sides to this story, so don't assume to be a know it all. Far to long has men been stripped of their rights when it comes to this issue. It's time for a change. Time to hold the person accountable for there infidelity. Yes, sad for the child but who is the one who caused it. Not the assumed father who didn't know!!! I don't wish this on anyone nor do I enjoy this, I've taken every step to be there and see the children, she took the steps to keep them away so that I wouldn't find this out... it's not a matter of money nor a gain, it's a matter of her taken responsibility for her actions.
The Jerk
No. You did NOT take every step. You REALLY did not.

Silverplum

The Jerk
Dream on, angry lady.

Proserpina

The Jerk
No, you really haven't taken every step to be a decent, present parent in your child's life.

Yes, it IS a matter of money - that's PRECISELY what the original post was about. Perhaps you wish to re-read it? It's in the "Child support" forum, and it speaks to money - not to parenting, not to holding the other parent in contempt for withholding your child ... it's just about getting the money back.

So, when Mom is in front of the judge and she says, "What?! He knew from the start that he may not be the father but insisted on signing anyway!!!" or, "Your honor, I had no idea ... we both had one night stands with other people during a temporary split, but we both figured he was Dad for SURE!"

What are you going to say?

"Don't care, your honor. Not my kid, I want my money back".

Neither you nor your wonderful wife give a flying hoot about this child. Your "name" and your money are clearly the only things you care about.

By the way, how did you acquire your daughter's DNA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">