• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity test reveals I am not the father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskad

A marriage doesn't strip a man the option of doing a paternity test.
And I'm sure that women everywhere...girlfriends, booty calls, one-night stands, and WIVES will be soooo open to submitting to paternity testing because their men should TRUST them, right??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And I'm sure that women everywhere...girlfriends, booty calls, one-night stands, and WIVES will be soooo open to submitting to paternity testing because their men should TRUST them, right??
Darlin' - it only takes the kid and the dad. If they're married, presumably they have time with the kids. If they're not - they need to go through court anyway to establish paternity.

mskad

Darlin' - it only takes the kid and the dad. If they're married, presumably they have time with the kids. If they're not - they need to go through court anyway to establish paternity.
That also is underhanded and sneaky. That would make him no better than her. When my ex mother-in-law blamed me for not having children, instead of blaming her son who didn't want any, she told me I should just let myself get pregnant. I guess that would also be okay, right?

AHA

You don't speak for "women everywhere", so it doesn't matter what you're "sure of". Women have nothing to do with PAternity tests.

AHA

That also is underhanded and sneaky. That would make him no better than her. When my ex mother-in-law blamed me for not having children, instead of blaming her son who didn't want any, she told me I should just let myself get pregnant. I guess that would also be okay, right?
Since when did this thread become about you and your lack of children?

mskad

Since when did this thread become about you and your lack of children?
Your smarta$$ attitude aside, I was attempting to make an analogy...two wrongs don't make a right. What is becoming of our society when people must resort to underhanded methods instead of being truthful and honest about things? So what if a man does go behind his wife's back and has paternity testing done, and what if it turns out the
child(ren) are not his? Then what does he do with the information? If this information gives the man an "out" clause, I guarantee that women's organizations all across the country would be in such an uproar you would hear the screaming from here to Venus!

AHA

Then what does he do with the information? If this information gives the man an "out" clause, I guarantee that women's organizations all across the country would be in such an uproar you would hear the screaming from here to Venus!
And those "women's organizations" strongly support women sleeping around and then lying about who the father is??????

Look, it's stupid simple, if someone in a relationship/marriage/whatever feels that he/she needs to cheat on their partner, then something is clearly wrong in that relationship/marriage. And if something is THAT wrong, both parties would be morons not to notice that under their own roof! Being ignorant to what's happening right in front of their face is no excuse.

BelizeBreeze

Your smarta$$ attitude aside, I was attempting to make an analogy...two wrongs don't make a right. What is becoming of our society when people must resort to underhanded methods instead of being truthful and honest about things? So what if a man does go behind his wife's back and has paternity testing done, and what if it turns out the
child(ren) are not his? Then what does he do with the information? If this information gives the man an "out" clause, I guarantee that women's organizations all across the country would be in such an uproar you would hear the screaming from here to Venus!
Again, since when did THIS thread become about YOU?

You have done nothing here but divert focus away from the LEGAL aspects of the POSTER'S concerns which I answered in the very first response.

If you keep it up, you may find your membership gone. get the hint?

BelizeBreeze

To finally (hopefully) put an end to this thread, I sugges those who think my answer in the VERY FIRST response was wrong, read the following.

When paternity is disestablished, there can be no claim for damages against the court rendering the initial order of paternity. In addition, there can be no claim for reimbursement or recoupment of money damages against the mother, the state, or any state employee or agent
ALA. CODE§26-17A-2 (2002)

The time to have contested paternity was during the divorce. Now, 10 years later, the poster has given up the right to contest based on inaction of his own rights.

What CAN be done however, is to file an action to stop support. That action will be allowed to go forward, however, how the court rules is another matter and not forseeable.

nextwife

A marriage doesn't strip a man the option of doing a paternity test.
And every state ALLOWS a child "born of the marriage" to be disestablished as the child of the husband? IN the absence of another man claiming paternal rights?

I look at it this way: a person who buys a house is entitled to a home inspection, but having the right to an inspection does NOT relieve the seller of liability if they "swear falsely" and commit fraud and deliberatly withhold important information. And a child is far more important than a house - so why should the parties be held to a LOWER standard as to their liability should they commit fraud?

The onus should NOT be on the man only to protect a child from having their biofather deliberately misrepresented!

Last edited:

AHA

And every state ALLOWS a child "born of the marriage" to be disestablished as the child of the husband? IN the absence of another man claiming paternal rights?

I look at it this way: a person who buys a house is entitled to a home inspection, but having the right to an inspection does NOT relieve the seller of liability if they "swear falsely" and commit fraud and deliberatly withhold important information. And a child is far more important than a house - so why should the parties be held to a LOWER standard as to their liability should they commit fraud?

The onus should NOT be on the man only to protect a child from having their biofather deliberately misrepresented!
If you read my posts on this thread, you would see that I specifically said that I don't feel women should get away with paternity fraud, BUT if every man CHOOSES to believe everything "their" woman says, then that's HIS CHOICE. Just because he doesn't legally HAVE to take a paternity test in a marriage doesn't mean he COULDN'T and often shouldn't.

nextwife

If you read my posts on this thread, you would see that I specifically said that I don't feel women should get away with paternity fraud, BUT if every man CHOOSES to believe everything "their" woman says, then that's HIS CHOICE. Just because he doesn't legally HAVE to take a paternity test in a marriage doesn't mean he COULDN'T and often shouldn't.
MY point is that neither parent should have the RIGHT to CHOOSE to assign parentage to suit their desires. A child only has ONE biological father. And if someone other than the biodad is going to be raising the child as their own, there should need to be a formal adoption. THe parents should NOT have the right, either one, to CHOOSE to create a fraudulant birth certificate, and fraudulantly represent someone as the BIOparent who really is NOT.

My kid's birth certificate shows us as the LEGAL parents, but does NOT create the fiction that we are her BIOparents. Neither parent should have the RIGHT to deny the child knowledge of their genetic roots, or that their parents are NOT their bioparents. It is just WRONG, whether dad had the opportunity or not. The child is entitled to a correct birth record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">