• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity Tests???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurley_chick00

I was wondering the paternity test laws. My fiance was married to his ex in kentucky and during the time of thier marriage she had two kids. They filed for divorce in Colorado and its doubted that the kids are my fiances but we are getting a paternity test done in march. Now if niether of the kids are his, will he have to pay child support or support those kids in any way?

Silverplum

Yeah, new gfs often think in this manner.

I was wondering the paternity test laws. My fiance was married to his ex in kentucky and during the time of thier marriage she had two kids. They filed for divorce in Colorado and its doubted that the kids are my fiances but we are getting a paternity test done in march. Now if niether of the kids are his, will he have to pay child support or support those kids in any way?
:rolleyes:

Proserpina

So much depends on what you haven't told us.

Like..how old these children are. That'd be a huge clue.

Now, why is your dear fiance willing to dump the kids who obviously know him as father should it turn out they didn't actually spring from his perfect loins?

AHA

But he was perfectly fine to be their dad until you came into his life and convinced him otherwise? Let him deal with his own family and stay out of it.

Gracie3787

Has the divorce already been finalized?
If it has, he cannot now contest paternity.

If the divorce has not been finalized and he is contesting paternity, is the paternity test that he is planning to do 4 months from now actually court ordered?

How old are the children?

hurley_chick00

The kids are 8 months and 2 years old. The ex cheated on him while he was in Iraq. Goes to show how much she appritiates the ones that serve our country. The only kid that knows him as a dad, he knows is not his, the other is too young. Im not making this a point to be my buisness this is something he asked me to find out. I was looking for legal advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecmst12

You have no dog in this fight and no business sticking your nose in. Don't get between a man and his family. If it turns out they are not his children, he's going to have a ton of emotions to deal with and whether he will have to pay child support will be far from the top of the list. Your priorities are all screwed up and it's best for everyone if you just butt out.

AHA

The kids are 8 months and 2 years old. The ex cheated on him while he was in Iraq. Goes to show how much she appritiates the ones that serve our country. The only kid that knows him as a dad, he knows is not his, the other is too young. Im not making this a point to be my buisness this is something he asked me to find out. I was looking for legal advice.
Point proven about you, thanks :)

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

One has NOTHING to do with the other, thanks. NONE of the issues are EVER going to be your business. EVEN IF. Tell DAD to come back and ask his own questions. You are now, as you will ALWAYS be, a LEGAL STRANGER even if you do marry dad.
You attitude can cause issues for dad, so as you've been advised, butt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">