• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay for modifications?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angie12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
My husband's ex-wife went to the child support office in 2009 to request a review. Changes were made without having to go to court. Then again this past July his ex went back to try and change medical insurance and she also requested an increase in child support. Once again changes were made without having to go to court. My husband just got a bill from the city for $450.00 for both of the incidences mentioned above. Why does my husband have to pay for this when his ex is the one who went in and requested the changes?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

My husband's ex-wife went to the child support office in 2009 to request a review. Changes were made without having to go to court. Then again this past July his ex went back to try and change medical insurance and she also requested an increase in child support. Once again changes were made without having to go to court. My husband just got a bill from the city for $450.00 for both of the incidences mentioned above. Why does my husband have to pay for this when his ex is the one who went in and requested the changes?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What did they tell your husband when he asked them?

Silverplum

I don't know.

Perhaps he could call the office that sent him the bill and ask.

Just Blue

Ya know...The ex may have received the same bill. $900.00 seems just about right for two court actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">