• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay raises

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magsonmex

AZ

So for every penny raise I get from work I need to have a modification for CS hearing everytime?

The reason I ask its because I recently started a new job that offers lots of advancement opportunities. I'm bilingual so I'm expected to get a raise soon.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A review will only tend to occur when your raise increases your income a certain amount. 15% seems to be pretty standard, but it may be different in your state. So, no - it won't be recalculated for every penny.

mistoffolees

A review will only tend to occur when your raise increases your income a certain amount. 15% seems to be pretty standard, but it may be different in your state. So, no - it won't be recalculated for every penny.
Yes, OP, please call your child support enforcement office to see what the number is in your state.

Furthermore, it's not automatic in most states. In some states, you don't even need to notify CSE or the other party of your raise. And in many (if not most) states, the CSE modification is not automatic-it needs to be requested by one party or the other.

Here are the rules:
Arizona Child Support Guidelines
However, since your questions is essentially a procedural one, I would contact the child support enforcement office to ask them how it works.

ETA: also check your existing child support and/or divorce and/or legal separation order. Even if CSE doesn't require you to report, there might be something in your court order that says that you must notify the other party of raises. It's not that common, but it might be there.

magsonmex

Sorry but math is not exactly my forte, say I make 13 an hour right now, in the next 2 months I could be bumping that to 15, would that req. A mod?

mistoffolees

Sorry but math is not exactly my forte, say I make 13 an hour right now, in the next 2 months I could be bumping that to 15, would that req. A mod?
Again, it depends on your state rules. Call the child support enforcement office to ask them:

1. Are you required to report new jobs and/or pay changes
2. If you are required to report pay changes, what level of increase could trigger a modification (Going from $13 to $15 is just over a 15% increase)
3. And if your increase is high enough that it COULD cause a modification, is that done automatically or does someone need to request a review.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It might, as it is just around 15%.

Now... you should have learned to calculate percentages in, like... 4th or 5th grade. You take the difference (15-13 = 2), divide it by the original (13) and multiply by 100 to get the percentage. so... (15-13)/13 = 15.38%. This is basic math, and something every adult should be able to calculate. Practice. We're not talking about you doing calculus or differential equations, but day-to-day stuff. Seriously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">