• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

payin too much in child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

todd micheal

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I am more then happy to pay my child support for me x-wife and child. But they increased my payment by almost double without tell me by mail or in person. Is this legal? The other thing is with the increase I am only bring home around average about 250 a check. Is there a way to change the amount so I can afford to pay rent,food and gas? I appreciate the time you took to read this and a response would be apreciated .

Todd

Just Blue

todd micheal said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I am more then happy to pay my child support for me x-wife and child. But they increased my payment by almost double without tell me by mail or in person. Is this legal? The other thing is with the increase I am only bring home around average about 250 a check. Is there a way to change the amount so I can afford to pay rent,food and gas? I appreciate the time you took to read this and a response would be apreciated .

Todd

I think there must be more to this story...They don't just increase cs out of the blue...did you miss a modification hearing??

NotSoNew

me thinks you need to call and find out what happened.

what probably happened was they served you at some other address, you never got it, so mom won by default with all the info she put in for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">