• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying back medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? TX
Me and my gf have been together 5 years and we have 2 kids together and just recently i was served with an order to apear for a child support hearing. My girlfriend is not the one who requested and and is going to tell them that she doesnt want me to pay but anyways now on to my question.l over the past 3 or so years she has had my kids on mediaid and i guess she was telling the medicaid office that i wasnt paying her any money and that we werent together, so does this mean I have to pay back medicaid for taking care of my kids even tho me and my baby's mother are togetherand i more then likely wont be ordered to pay child support? I mean come oni was paying all the expenses arond the house(food diapers clothes etc) And would i get my girlfriend in trouble if i told the ruth?

moburkes

Yes, you will be required to pay back medicaid. She can get into trouble for lying to Family Services when she applied since she apparently did not tell them that you were a household member, or that you were giving her money. She also signed an application stating that.
I mean come oni was paying all the expenses arond the house.
So, are you saying that the taxpayers should continue to pay for your children's medical bills?

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

Your GF committed fraud, take it up with her. I highly doubt you didn't know about this.

Who do you think should pay back the system? Me? Tax payers tax dollors were wasted when she committed the fraud, and you want us to pay back that fraud?

Please! You knew.

AHA

anthony361 said:
What is the name of your state? TX
Me and my gf have been together 5 years and we have 2 kids together and just recently i was served with an order to apear for a child support hearing. My girlfriend is not the one who requested and and is going to tell them that she doesnt want me to pay but anyways now on to my question.l over the past 3 or so years she has had my kids on mediaid and i guess she was telling the medicaid office that i wasnt paying her any money and that we werent together, so does this mean I have to pay back medicaid for taking care of my kids even tho me and my baby's mother are togetherand i more then likely wont be ordered to pay child support? I mean come oni was paying all the expenses arond the house(food diapers clothes etc) And would i get my girlfriend in trouble if i told the ruth?

I would like my money back, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairisfair

So, while you were paying all of the household bills, you never bothered to find out who was paying for all those doctor's visits and prescriptions??? Cmon' give us a break!! :rolleyes:

Can you say, welfare fraud??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually just because he is in the house doesn't mean that he would have to pay back medicaid. People can still get medicaid even if they are getting child support.

Shay-Pari'e

fairisfair said:
So, while you were paying all of the household bills, you never bothered to find out who was paying for all those doctor's visits and prescriptions??? Cmon' give us a break!! :rolleyes:

Can you say, welfare fraud??
Isn't it nice to agree on something?

Shay-Pari'e

Ohiogal said:
Actually just because he is in the house doesn't mean that he would have to pay back medicaid. People can still get medicaid even if they are getting child support.
But Mommy never mentioned Daddy living there, and Mommy wants to state she doesn't want support. I have a feeling there is more involved than just medicaid.

Clearly Welfare Fraud, wouldn't you say?

lealea1005

Most likely, Family Services requested it because your girlfriend led them to believe you did not live in the household AND she was receiving no money from you!

Sooooooo, Y-E-S.....you and/or your girlfriend will have to find a way to pay them back....but that may not be all you have to worry about.

They may also choose to charge her with knowlingly providing false information to obtain services.

BTW....I don't believe it really matters if she tells them she doesn't want you to pay....you are the father......you must provide support for your children and be able to prove you do!

haiku

OK, if ALL she was receiving was Medical there may not be any fraud involved.

All children are entitled to medical care if thier parents cannot provide it for them. I don't really get bent about my tax dollars being used so that children can get proper medical care.

When a person applies for medical they are asked about thier income and whether or not they receive child support.

they are not denied because they ARE receiving, but the state can help them get it if they are not. Also in most states if mom wants medical for herself she MUST co-operate with the state.

technically speaking, unless the OP says otherwise, due to the lack of child support not being already in place, legally he may not even BE the father.

And he also does nto state if he himself has affordable health insurance available for his children, if that is the case his children ARE eligible regardless of his child suport status.

Also in most states as long as children meet eligible requirements, medical benefits are not repayable as welfare cash payments are.

moburkes

Shay, oh brother!

Haiku and OG: I think we were all going under the ASSumption that 1. he is the daddy 2. she didn't tell DFS that he is a household member and that he is paying. However, YOU are correct about the medical not having to be repaid. I didn't even pay attention to that. Yes, generally, only cash assistance is repayable. I will say that I was venthing about the nerve/gall/baseballs of this person, and didn't look strictly at the facts. I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">