• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying back medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairisfair

moburkes said:
Shay, oh brother!

Haiku and OG: I think we were all going under the ASSumption that 1. he is the daddy 2. she didn't tell DFS that he is a household member and that he is paying. However, YOU are correct about the medical not having to be repaid. I didn't even pay attention to that. Yes, generally, only cash assistance is repayable. I will say that I was venthing about the nerve/gall/baseballs of this person, and didn't look strictly at the facts. I apologize.
Of course they are correct. If all she was getting was medicaid for the children, then she may have been able to get it without being deceptive. The fact still remains, that she WAS deceptive, that she obviously did not list dad as a member of the household, whether that was to obtain the benefits for the children or for herself. I would be willing to bet, or to "assume" that medicaid isn't all mommy has been getting. Now, where is OP???? ;)

Shay-Pari'e

fairisfair said:
Of course they are correct. If all she was getting was medicaid for the children, then she may have been able to get it without being deceptive. The fact still remains, that she WAS deceptive, that she obviously did not list dad as a member of the household, whether that was to obtain the benefits for the children or for herself. I would be willing to bet, or to "assume" that medicaid isn't all mommy has been getting. Now, where is OP???? ;)
Loading his 38, smoking weed and taking a xanax,punching a hole in a door,**************..... so he can watch his two children?

MrsK

fairisfair said:
So, while you were paying all of the household bills, you never bothered to find out who was paying for all those doctor's visits and prescriptions??? Cmon' give us a break!! :rolleyes:

Can you say, welfare fraud??
Geez, really. Mommy dearest is gonna get in some trouble & Daddy dearest will get to pay. Everyone wins. :p

The best part? Your family MIGHT have still qualified for insurance depending on your income level. Some states have multiple programs to help families. Did she check into that before she lied????

fairisfair

Shay-Pari'e said:
Loading his 38, smoking weed and taking a xanax,punching a hole in a door,**************..... so he can watch his two children?
Well, somebody has to watch them while Mom is at the welfare office!! :eek:

Shay-Pari'e

MrsK said:
Geez, really. Mommy dearest is gonna get in some trouble & Daddy dearest will get to pay. Everyone wins. :p

The best part? Your family MIGHT have still qualified for insurance depending on your income level. Some states have multiple programs to help families. Did she check into that before she lied????
Everyone wins? Did you look at his posting history? Those kids have won nothing.

lealea1005

I agree with Shay. What kind of life will these children have with a father who is either high or out of control and a mother who is willing to make excuses for his behavior?

Besides, the fact is that the mother lied to obtain services. If she truly wasn't receiving support, those children would have been entitled to the services anyway. It takes a lot more energy and planning to lie.

MrsK

Shay-Pari'e said:
Everyone wins? Did you look at his posting history? Those kids have won nothing.
No, I was being VERY sarcastic. I feel very bad for the kids.

lealea1005 said:
I agree with Shay. What kind of life will these children have with a father who is either high or out of control and a mother who is willing to make excuses for his behavior?

Besides, the fact is that the mother lied to obtain services. If she truly wasn't receiving support, those children would have been entitled to the services anyway. It takes a lot more energy and planning to lie.
My children live a good life i work HARD to make sure they have everything they want I know i made a few mistakes in the past but now im clean as a whistle, i have no gun s i dont drink/pop pills/do drugs are any of that other stuff and my weekends consit of watching disney movies with my kids so you tell me thats a bad life.
lealea1005 said:
Most likely, Family Services requested it because your girlfriend led them to believe you did not live in the household AND she was receiving no money from you!

Sooooooo, Y-E-S.....you and/or your girlfriend will have to find a way to pay them back....but that may not be all you have to worry about.

They may also choose to charge her with knowlingly providing false information to obtain services.

BTW....I don't believe it really matters if she tells them she doesn't want you to pay....you are the father......you must provide support for your children and be able to prove you do!
What else is there to worry about? If i tell them that i wasnt staying there and i wasnt helping then they cant prove she commited fraud now can they.. and i do provide for my kids and i can prove it.

Shay-Pari'e said:
Your GF committed fraud, take it up with her. I highly doubt you didn't know about this.

Who do you think should pay back the system? Me? Tax payers tax dollors were wasted when she committed the fraud, and you want us to pay back that fraud?

Please! You knew.
Actually i dont know how welfare works. I have never ever been on it in my life. And I do think that should should pay atleast half of what i owe and my gf would half to pa the other half

does anybody know about how much money i will have to pay back? i mean do i get to pay in monthly installments? and also do they take anything into consideration ie; rent food and other living expensis?

..And i pay tax dollars to so yah...

moburkes said:
Yes, you will be required to pay back medicaid. She can get into trouble for lying to Family Services when she applied since she apparently did not tell them that you were a household member, or that you were giving her money. She also signed an application stating that.

So, are you saying that the taxpayers should continue to pay for your children's medical bills?
oops and i forgot about you. My kids now have insurance threw the company i work for

lealea1005

Look, I think it's commendable that you've moved in a positive direction with your children. Hopefully, you will be able to continue to controll your impulsive, destructive behavior, if for no other reason then the sake of your children who look up to you because you're their dad......pehaps some anger management classes can help you channel your anger into something constructive not destructive (holes in walls and doors, breaking things, etc)

Question: You said you worked hard.....do you have health insurance and, if so, are your children included on your policy?

Regarding Medicaid: Continuing to tell them you do not live in the household is perpetuating the lie your GF told them....such a wonderful example for the kids to look up to.

If you repay Medicaid, it will come out of your paycheck until paid off and, yes, they will consider your current monthly expenses.

and lastly, we ALL pay taxes but that doesn't give you the right to try to cheat the system.

fairisfair

lealea1005 said:
Look, I think it's commendable that you've moved in a positive direction with your children. Hopefully, you will be able to continue to controll your impulsive, destructive behavior, if for no other reason then the sake of your children who look up to you because you're their dad......pehaps some anger management classes can help you channel your anger into something constructive not destructive (holes in walls and doors, breaking things, etc)

Question: You said you worked hard.....do you have health insurance and, if so, are your children included on your policy?

Regarding Medicaid: Continuing to tell them you do not live in the household is perpetuating the lie your GF told them....such a wonderful example for the kids to look up to.

If you repay Medicaid, it will come out of your paycheck until paid off and, yes, they will consider your current monthly expenses.

and lastly, we ALL pay taxes but that doesn't give you the right to try to cheat the system.
Actually, it appears that the state is attempting to recoup their money through child support, which means that your girlfriend has given them information about you (the OP), that is how they know who you are and how to find you. The girlfriend will have given an assignment of a portion of the child support to go towards repaying the state. They most likely WILL NOT consider your monthly expenses, as in most child support cases. Do you still live with this person??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">