• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying back medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fairisfair said:
Actually, it appears that the state is attempting to recoup their money through child support, which means that your girlfriend has given them information about you (the OP), that is how they know who you are and how to find you. The girlfriend will have given an assignment of a portion of the child support to go towards repaying the state. They most likely WILL NOT consider your monthly expenses, as in most child support cases. Do you still live with this person??
Ok but since me and my girlfriend are living together and im the primary money make in the house will they still try to get me to pay child support? I mean if me and my gf are living in the same house how are they going to take money out of my check and mail it back to my house? And if they were to do that that would hurt my kids more then it would help them I mean cmon we live check to check and if i have to wait 2 weeks to recieve the portion of my check that they took out then we are gonna frickin startve to death/lose are house/lose are car/and become homeless.

ceara19

anthony361 said:
Ok but since me and my girlfriend are living together and im the primary money make in the house will they still try to get me to pay child support? I mean if me and my gf are living in the same house how are they going to take money out of my check and mail it back to my house? And if they were to do that that would hurt my kids more then it would help them I mean cmon we live check to check and if i have to wait 2 weeks to recieve the portion of my check that they took out then we are gonna frickin startve to death/lose are house/lose are car/and become homeless.
Even if you are not ordered to pay child support to your girlfriend, your check may still be garnished to repay the state or the money that has been paid towards your child. Might be time for your girlfriend to go get a job.

lealea1005

fairisfair said:
Actually, it appears that the state is attempting to recoup their money through child support, which means that your girlfriend has given them information about you (the OP), that is how they know who you are and how to find you. The girlfriend will have given an assignment of a portion of the child support to go towards repaying the state. They most likely WILL NOT consider your monthly expenses, as in most child support cases. Do you still live with this person??

i just spoke with some one from our local family services who informs me they will take the income into consideration in our county/state, but i guess that may be different state to state....so, sorry 'bout that

ceara19

lealea1005 said:
i just spoke with some one from our local family services who informs me they will take the income into consideration in our county/state, but i guess that may be different state to state....so, sorry 'bout that
It can also vary from case to case. If they decide that there was intentional fraud committed, the rules can change.

Zephyr

anthony361 said:

I have heard of cases where they do exactly that.....I don't know how you would get out of this scenario without incriminating your girlfriend- but you do have the option of going in and telling the truth, that you have been supporting the children financially 100% since birth and that you live, and have always lived in the same home as the children and the gf...and see what they do from there

fairisfair

lealea1005 said:
that is true, however we were not talking about income, but rather monthly expenses. Two different things, nobody cares what his expenses are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">