• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alley

What is the name of your state? Texas

My finance is paying child support to his ex-wife on a child that don't even live with her. He is living in a mental hospital in San Antonio Tx. He has been there for like the last year. My question is should he still be paying her the support even tho he is in the mental hospital. I know that she has 3 kids and she doesn't have none of them. She says that if we were to send the payments to the boy that he would lose his diability or it would be lowered. They tried to serve my finance this week but he was not home to be served. She is taking us back to court for more support. Can she do this?

He needs to file for a modification. Take the proof that the child is in a mental institution and let the judge handle it.

Alley said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My finance is paying child support to his ex-wife on a child that don't even live with her. He is living in a mental hospital in San Antonio Tx. He has been there for like the last year. My question is should he still be paying her the support even tho he is in the mental hospital. I know that she has 3 kids and she doesn't have none of them. She says that if we were to send the payments to the boy that he would lose his diability or it would be lowered. They tried to serve my finance this week but he was not home to be served. She is taking us back to court for more support. Can she do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">