• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Child support if the child moves with father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badn374

The child support order is in the State of Virgina. If I am paying child support to my exwife and my 13 year old daughter lives with me for a year do I have to continue to pay her? If I decide to stop paying her what can happen to me? I have proof she is enrolled in school here in Arizona. Also the ex signed an agreement allowing her to live with me and posts on facebook giving her consent. Please someone give me advice!!

mistoffolees

The child support order is in the State of Virgina. If I am paying child support to my exwife and my 13 year old daughter lives with me for a year do I have to continue to pay her? If I decide to stop paying her what can happen to me? I have proof she is enrolled in school here in Arizona. Also the ex signed an agreement allowing her to live with me and posts on facebook giving her consent. Please someone give me advice!!
You have to continue paying until the court changes the order. So go back to court to make a temporary change in custody and get a new support order. You can choose to continue paying, pay a lesser amount, pay nothing, or have your ex pay you. Best thing is to reach an agreement with your ex and stipulate it to the court.

Proserpina

File to modify the current child support order.

Because until you do, you're still obliged to pay Mom no matter where kiddo lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">