• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying child support when the child lives with you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saralee2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My boyfriend is paying child support for his son that lives with us. the mother lives in Kansas but is not taking the proper steps to have the dad taken off of childsupport. what can he do? i am sick of it. it is starting to affect our relationship. the mom is a liar! what can the dad do and if he does not do anything.. what can i do? (besides the obvious.. and get rid of him):rolleyes:

Isis1

My boyfriend is paying child support for his son that lives with us. the mother lives in Kansas but is not taking the proper steps to have the dad taken off of childsupport. what can he do? i am sick of it. it is starting to affect our relationship. the mom is a liar! what can the dad do and if he does not do anything.. what can i do? (besides the obvious.. and get rid of him):rolleyes:
get rid of him. if he wants to pay support while the child is living with him, that's his business. he doesn't have to do a darn thing just cuz you want him to.

Antigone*

What your boyfriend does with regards to his child and his support is none of your business.

This has absodanglutely nothing to do with you at all.

CourtClerk

Generally, I would advise people who are "sick of it" when it comes to anything pertaining to a boyfriend.... they leave. You shouldn't have to put up with anything that you're sick of. He's not family, he's your friend. You don't like your friend's situation, remove yourself from it.

Isis1

well the issue is that we live together and his son lives with us.
then move out. it's that simple. it still doesn't involve you. you have no legal right to stop the support. you have no legal right to sue mom for support. even if you were married to the jerk that is spending money that he should be using to take you out and buy you new shoes and designer bags!!

saralee2010

ok these are all good responses and all are the obvious thing i shoule do instead of stressing my self about it. thanks

saralee2010

right... i will just remove myself from the situation and them from my home. that will solve it all. thanks for the responses

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">