• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying for Private school per agreement but child in public school now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ewmorri

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

My original child support orders included 400/month for private school My wife enrolled my 17 year old child after we separated but the month following our divorce Jan 09, she enrolled her in public school. My share of the $400 was about $350 and I am still paying the full child support amount. Also in April she bought my daughter a car which we had agreed would be splt in the initial agreement 60% to me 40 % to her. The told me at the time that insurance was $500 and the car $381 so I was paying an extra $525 dollars a month for that. I had never received a copy of any car payment or insurance bill until this week when I let her know it would be the last check she received from me until I got receipts or bills showing what she was paying. Now I find out the insurance is only $150 and not $500. he also sent a $605 bill for this semester in Jr college for my daughter to take some classes to make up for classes that suffered when we were going through the divorce. My question is can I get the private school portion of my Child support changed and can I claim the extra I have been paying on the car and insurance to cover future payments since I have now way over paid for 6 months? Right now I'm paying $1200 a month in child support and $525 for the car and its just to much for me . If I can get the school knocked off and could get to about 1200 things would be much better.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

My original child support orders included 400/month for private school My wife enrolled my 17 year old child after we separated but the month following our divorce Jan 09, she enrolled her in public school. My share of the $400 was about $350 and I am still paying the full child support amount. Also in April she bought my daughter a car which we had agreed would be splt in the initial agreement 60% to me 40 % to her. The told me at the time that insurance was $500 and the car $381 so I was paying an extra $525 dollars a month for that. I had never received a copy of any car payment or insurance bill until this week when I let her know it would be the last check she received from me until I got receipts or bills showing what she was paying. Now I find out the insurance is only $150 and not $500. he also sent a $605 bill for this semester in Jr college for my daughter to take some classes to make up for classes that suffered when we were going through the divorce. My question is can I get the private school portion of my Child support changed and can I claim the extra I have been paying on the car and insurance to cover future payments since I have now way over paid for 6 months? Right now I'm paying $1200 a month in child support and $525 for the car and its just to much for me . If I can get the school knocked off and could get to about 1200 things would be much better.
Go back to court and petition for a modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">