• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying support after 19?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddie1964

What is the name of your state? illinois just a quick question. Went to court to terminate child support for my 18 1/2 year old. he turns 19 sept and is still in school. as of last october he had 6.75 credits...his counselor told me he needs 24 to graduate. the ex told the judge the child would graduate january, so the judge says i pay till december.my child has only went to school since freshman year to senior year approx. 30% of the time. he would go the first semester and quit the second semester. has anyone any ideas?

ceara19

You could always try to appeal the judgement. But even if you won, it will probably cost you more than what it will if you just pay the extra 3-4 months of support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">