• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment of Medical Expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? SC

I am CP. In our CO, it states that I am responsible for the first $250 each year & then after that NCP is responsible for 63%, & me for 37%. My daughter was in the hospital in Dec. '05... which was during a time that I was not yet receiving any CS... our CO is retroactive to Nov. 28th.

Can someone please tell me how this works? Since this amount occured last year, am I responsible for 250 of that & then 37%.... and then it starts over at the beginning of '06? (Does it run calendar year to calendar year?) Or, does it run from year to year based on the retroactive date? Or, does it start over at the date the CO is signed. I can't find any info on this. If you have anything to offer, it will be greatly appreciated. I haven't shown NCP the bill yet & wanted to know how it works before I give it to him. Thanks!

N

nicetryadmin

Claire's mom said:
What is the name of your state? SC

I am CP. In our CO, it states that I am responsible for the first $250 each year & then after that NCP is responsible for 63%, & me for 37%. My daughter was in the hospital in Dec. '05... which was during a time that I was not yet receiving any CS... our CO is retroactive to Nov. 28th.

Can someone please tell me how this works? Since this amount occured last year, am I responsible for 250 of that & then 37%.... and then it starts over at the beginning of '06? (Does it run calendar year to calendar year?) Or, does it run from year to year based on the retroactive date? Or, does it start over at the date the CO is signed. I can't find any info on this. If you have anything to offer, it will be greatly appreciated. I haven't shown NCP the bill yet & wanted to know how it works before I give it to him. Thanks!
It's calendar year, so it's a fresh start on January 1st.

averad

Some Insurance companies will carry over your deductible, if it was met in the last 3 months of the year.

ceara19

averad said:
Some Insurance companies will carry over your deductible, if it was met in the last 3 months of the year.
True, but that doesn't apply to the Court Order. OP will still have to pay the first $250 of medical costs starting January 1, no matter what the insurance company does.

MrsK

ceara19 said:
True, but that doesn't apply to the Court Order. OP will still have to pay the first $250 of medical costs starting January 1, no matter what the insurance company does.
Yup. Sorry, OP, you owe first $250 for any medical issues starting Jan 1

Calendar year

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure before I give the Bills to NCP. Wasn't sure since it's already the 3rd month of the year & I'm just now receiving the bill if this would count towards the current year. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">