• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania Child Support Q's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My fiance live in PA and his ex and his children live in Missouri. Our support is through PA.

His ex now has a rich new husband who owns a home and property for a new home in an affluent area of Missouri. She recently quit her job as well. She is doing quite well for herself while we struggle in a 1 bedroom apartment.

Of course...I know that her new husband's income doesn't matter with support...but I'm hopng her standard of living will. I have a few questions about filing for a modification.

1. My fiance just started a new job where his base salary jumped $12,000. Can she file for a modification just because he now makes more money? If she can, will it hurt her to ask for more money when she quit her job?

2. We actually want to file a modification because she pulled the kids out of daycare because she quit her job...yet she is still taking money for daycare as it was set up in the support. We also want to get the tax deduction on at least one child, and put in language to give guidelines for her getting reimbursed medical expenses. (She dragged him in for contempt twice--in which he won both)
---If we file for modification...is there any way we can keep her from getting more money based on his new income.
---Will she still be held to her last income before she quite her job?

We want to basicallly beat her to the punch in filing for a modification...because he gets bonuses on his new job and we want a modifcation in before his income gets even higher.

Dwayne is a WONDERFUL father and wants to provide for his children. He already pays a tremendous amount of child support which we have a large amount of evidence that it ISN'T going to her children. She is livng very richly and this is the only reason we're avoiding an increase. We also have hundreds of dollars in airline expenses every month for him to just see his children...and of course the court doesn't count that.

So...before anyone gets up in arms about another father avoidng support...I want to make it clear that we're trying to keep his support at a reasonable level so that WE have more to give the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">