• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petition in circut court/petition for modification of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lia2000

child support order is in wisconsin, however we live in florida. my husband fell ill about 4 yrs ago .. which took a real toll on our financial situation. then 2 yrs ago he was laid off. when he was working or collecting unemployment they did take out for child support and he just got a new job 1 month ago (with the sucky economy and his health issues it was difficult for him to find work that he could do without getting ill again or just plain perform)... then he was making 25.00 an hour (not on unemployment grant you) now he is making 12 an hour and they are going after him for all the time he was unable to pay, however they want 70.00 more than what he even makes per week. due to what his old income was. they want to suspend his license and say to file a petition in circuit court ... but not which one and trying to figure out what exactly he needs to file leads me to petition for modification. we are both very confused and obviously cannot afford an attorney and last time we did is when he was sick and instead of reducing the child support it upped it ... i am completely lost and not sure where to look to do any of this ... and when i do find sites .. well of course they are pay this and that .... it is mainily my income supporting us and so i have to do this myself ...
does anyone know what petition we are supposed to be filing and to which court?

Gracie3787

child support order is in wisconsin, however we live in florida. my husband fell ill about 4 yrs ago .. which took a real toll on our financial situation. then 2 yrs ago he was laid off. when he was working or collecting unemployment they did take out for child support and he just got a new job 1 month ago (with the sucky economy and his health issues it was difficult for him to find work that he could do without getting ill again or just plain perform)... then he was making 25.00 an hour (not on unemployment grant you) now he is making 12 an hour and they are going after him for all the time he was unable to pay, however they want 70.00 more than what he even makes per week. due to what his old income was. they want to suspend his license and say to file a petition in circuit court ... but not which one and trying to figure out what exactly he needs to file leads me to petition for modification. we are both very confused and obviously cannot afford an attorney and last time we did is when he was sick and instead of reducing the child support it upped it ... i am completely lost and not sure where to look to do any of this ... and when i do find sites .. well of course they are pay this and that .... it is mainily my income supporting us and so i have to do this myself ...
does anyone know what petition we are supposed to be filing and to which court?
Is his ex still living in Wisconsin?
If so, he will have to file in the court that issued the order.

If ex no longer lives there, or agrees to have the case registered in FL, he would be able to register, then file for a modification in FL.

Apparently when he went to court for a modification when he was sick, he didn't bring enough proof to the court. He really needs an attorney, or at least get a consult with one ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">