• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition for modification help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

butterflyblu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hi, I am receiving help through the state agency (IDHFS) and I have a modification hearing coming up.
Under the Petition for modification heading the following boxes are checked:

1) X was ordered to pay $ on X/X/X

2)The judgment/Order reserved the issue of health insurance

3)That 36 months have passed since that last order and that there is at least a 20% change in the amount of the existing order and the new order

4)Health insurance is not being provided, respondent owes a duty....

My confusion comes with the next heading it says:

Wherefore,IDHFS prays:

A-respondent be ordered to pay more

B-Respondent has to put the kids on health insurance

C-all payments must go through the state

D- whatever else this honorable court sees fit

In the first part it seems as if they(State agency) are asking for an increase in my payment and health insurance. All of those boxes are checked, but in the second part ONLY B is checked..the part that is asking for health care coverage. I'm not exactly sure if I'm reading this correctly.

Do I have to file a motion(or something) to make sure that the court knows I'm requesting an increase as well?

I understand that the Attorney for the state is there for the State and I'm kinda on my own..is there something that I should do before court as far as paperwork to make sure that my requests are known, or is the above motion from the state department enough? Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">