• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition to stop Child Support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheri124

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Can my ex husband get child support stopped due to the child receiving SS benefits because he is on SS Disability?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Can my ex husband get child support stopped due to the child receiving SS benefits because he is on SS Disability?
Yes, its possible. Its fairly standard for children's benefits to be considered as replacement for child support.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Yes, its possible. Its fairly standard for children's benefits to be considered as replacement for child support.
But Dad would have to go to court and get the judge to agree. It's not something Dad can do otherwise.

Silverplum

Of course. However OP's wording to me seemed to indicate that she already understood that.
I disagree.

TheGeekess' commentary was necessary.

Not that OP is coming back; not that OP bothered to thank any responders. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Yes, the ingrates are starting to irritate me AGAIN.)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I disagree.

TheGeekess' commentary was necessary.

Not that OP is coming back; not that OP bothered to thank any responders. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Yes, the ingrates are starting to irritate me AGAIN.)
Want a drink, my dear? How about some pumpkin bread (my kitchen survived the weekend)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">