• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noname1113

What is the name of your state? NY

I am trying to figure out what the poverty level in NYS is for the non-custodial parent with a family of 4.

Also is my health insurance premium and child support a deductable to adjust my gross income for figuring out if I qualify for poverty level?

Phnx02

noname1113 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I am trying to figure out what the poverty level in NYS is for the non-custodial parent with a family of 4.

Also is my health insurance premium and child support a deductable to adjust my gross income for figuring out if I qualify for poverty level?
Call your local social services office to find out what the poverty line is for your state. Not sure what your asking in the second part of your question.....if you are wondering if these things will be considered in determining if you're "poor enough" to still qualify for state aid like food stamps - yes, your CS is considered income. If qualify for state aid, the state will provide medical coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">