• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgcross2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Hello, I appreciate you taking the time to read this. My situation is extremely unique. I was divorced in 2007 and was ordered to pay 720 a month for 2 children. This income was based on one and half jobs I had at the time. I was working so much that I was not able to spend quality time with my children. I quit my part time and maintained my full time job. I found it almost impossible to live on just one job and still pay support. I decided to file a motion to modify. In essence the Judge said that I quit my job in order to avoid paying support and ordered my child support to 1104 dollars a month citing that in his opinion I was not only going to go back to work my part time job after litigation, but I was going to take two full time jobs. I appealed this to the Missouri Appellate Court and lost, the Missouri supreme court rejected my appeal. To my knowledge this is the first time in the history of the U.S. that a judge has imputed income to someone that was over employed. I recently lost my full time job as a paramedic due to a DWI. I am now only working one part time job making hardly any money at all. No one will hire me as a paramedic with no drivers license. I am physically unable to pay my full support order and am afraid to go to jail. I am not behind as of yet, however there has been an order to garnish the money from my part-time job, I don't even make enough a month at this job to fulfill my order even if they took all of it. Do I have a case for modification again? Or will the courts consider this a voluntary reduction of income? My last modification attempt was two years ago. P.S. If I do go to court it will be with the same judged who ordered my child support raised. I'm scared and need help, I obviously don't have the money to hire an attorney unless I am certain I have a case. PLEASE HELP ME**********************************************************************

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Hello, I appreciate you taking the time to read this. My situation is extremely unique. I was divorced in 2007 and was ordered to pay 720 a month for 2 children. This income was based on one and half jobs I had at the time. I was working so much that I was not able to spend quality time with my children. I quit my part time and maintained my full time job. I found it almost impossible to live on just one job and still pay support. I decided to file a motion to modify. In essence the Judge said that I quit my job in order to avoid paying support and ordered my child support to 1104 dollars a month citing that in his opinion I was not only going to go back to work my part time job after litigation, but I was going to take two full time jobs. I appealed this to the Missouri Appellate Court and lost, the Missouri supreme court rejected my appeal. To my knowledge this is the first time in the history of the U.S. that a judge has imputed income to someone that was over employed. I recently lost my full time job as a paramedic due to a DWI. I am now only working one part time job making hardly any money at all. No one will hire me as a paramedic with no drivers license. I am physically unable to pay my full support order and am afraid to go to jail. I am not behind as of yet, however there has been an order to garnish the money from my part-time job, I don't even make enough a month at this job to fulfill my order even if they took all of it. Do I have a case for modification again? Or will the courts consider this a voluntary reduction of income? My last modification attempt was two years ago. P.S. If I do go to court it will be with the same judged who ordered my child support raised. I'm scared and need help, I obviously don't have the money to hire an attorney unless I am certain I have a case. PLEASE HELP ME**********************************************************************
i got to be perfectly honest with you. i really think you messed yourself over by not having an attorney with you the first time. and i'm saying this with shock such a thing was ordered in the first place. something isn't right here. seriously. was mom inputted an income? when have you last seen your children?

Proserpina

i got to be perfectly honest with you. i really think you messed yourself over by not having an attorney with you the first time. and i'm saying this with shock such a thing was ordered in the first place. something isn't right here. seriously. was mom inputted an income? when have you last seen your children?

I'm actually curious as to what was actually ordered (versus perhaps OP's interpretation).

Before I comment. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">