• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please need an answer assp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rey09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj. my father has a debt with child support and he apply for disability so they took the money from there and my mother is going to receive that money that he owed me,do i have the right to fight for that money because i am already independent and i am 23 years old.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj. my father has a debt with child support and he apply for disability so they took the money from there and my mother is going to receive that money that he owed me,do i have the right to fight for that money because i am already independent and i am 23 years old.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The only thing appropreate about this thread is the :)o) in the title. You should be embarrassed for asking this question. You mother, who alone supported you in your minor years, is now being reimburssed for the fathers share.

mistoffolees

Wow. Usually the money grubbing kids are more subtle than that.

No, he doesn't owe you money. He owes your mother money. You know, the mother who provided a roof over your head, food for your belly, and clothes on your back at her own expense because Dad wasn't doing his part.

frylover

Not that it matters legally, but isn't this where the entitled OP comes back and says mom never took care of him/her properly and he/she took care of him/herself for years so why SHOULDN'T he/she get that money (stomp stomp)

Just Blue

Not that it matters legally, but isn't this where the entitled OP comes back and says mom never took care of him/her properly and he/she took care of him/herself for years so why SHOULDN'T he/she get that money (stomp stomp)
Yup...This is where that always happens. Let us not overlook the fact that OP will, in the next 12-36 hours, have hire an attorney that PROMICES that OP will get HIS child support monies.

:rolleyes:;):(:(:(

ecmst12

YOU are not owed the money. Child support is not paid to the child, it's paid to the person who provides for the child. And if you didn't starve to death and were not made to sleep in the street or go out in the snow naked, then you were provided for.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not in NJ, you don't. I am appalled on behalf of your mother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">