• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post secondary when child is living with boyfriend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrownWren

What is the name of your state? Washington

My Husband has a child support order stipulating that he pay 40% of his daughter's post secondary, broken down by tuition, books, room and board, personal expenses, etc...40% of each separately, as needed. His daughter is going to start college in the fall and has stated that she intends to live with her boyfriend while going to school. My husband and I are completely against this and have told her. Our question is: are we still responsible for paying her way through college even though she is choosing to live as an adult. At the very least, are we responsible for paying room & board and personal expenses? Is she still considered dependent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">