• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posting public ad for father who can pay, but won't pay, active warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kickedbysystem

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky. Granddaughter's father can pay, but won't pay and has an active warrant for his arrest. He works under the table with his dad for cash and has nice "toys" but won't support his daughter. Is it illegal to post an ad (like on Craigslist) asking for help locating him and getting him arrested? I understand that info must be truthful and correct. What I'd like to do is post the simple facts and include contact info for the sheriffs dept. Just want to be legal in my actions.

xylene

If you know where he is where he works and such, why don't you just report him to the police?

I think your advetisment idea is terrible, bound to get you in trouble or simply quickly removed as it violates craigslist terms of service.

commentator

What are you going to do, post a "reward for information leading to the capture of...." Actually, let the people who have the authority to do this handle this situation. That way there's less domestic interference and less likelihood of very bad outcomes.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky. Granddaughter's father can pay, but won't pay and has an active warrant for his arrest. He works under the table with his dad for cash and has nice "toys" but won't support his daughter. Is it illegal to post an ad (like on Craigslist) asking for help locating him and getting him arrested? I understand that info must be truthful and correct. What I'd like to do is post the simple facts and include contact info for the sheriffs dept. Just want to be legal in my actions.
Wait. Why should the grandfather pay? He didn't make this child, did he, so you even saying that is pretty pathetic.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe I did. I still don't understand why OP said "granddaughter's father".
OP's granddaughter's father is the father of the OP's granddaughter. It means that a grandparent is posting about his child's business.

Eekamouse

OP's granddaughter's father is the father of the OP's granddaughter. It means that a grandparent is posting about his child's business.
LMAO!!! How did I completely miss that? I just assumed it was the mother of the child posting this.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
... they wouldn't see me OR my children again.
Oh yeah. It was made very clear to my family that any negative comments regarding my kids' other parent anywhere within the kids' earshot would have swift and severe consequences.

Kickedbysystem

Ok. Thanks for all the thoughts (and attacks, as expected). It was something I was asked to look into by her mother. Obviously, if the system worked, he wouldn't be able to drive past her every day and not care. I will pass your thoughts, etc. along to my daughter.

torimac

Ok. Thanks for all the thoughts (and attacks, as expected). It was something I was asked to look into by her mother. Obviously, if the system worked, he wouldn't be able to drive past her every day and not care. I will pass your thoughts, etc. along to my daughter.
Regulation cannot control feelings - yet. "The System" would not make him care if it worked or did not work. Eventually it will catch up with him. Let the professionals do their job. It may take some time, but eventually he will be stopped for traffic or have some interaction with a government entity that will allow that warrant to be acted upon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">