• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential for child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freedaviceyo

PA.

I am just trying to think ahead, at all times. Ive had our kid most of the time for quite a few years. Since we split the only thing Mom took care of was insurance. She lost a few jobs and stopped giving me insurance info. To this day, I'm not sure if the kid has insurance or not with her, so I just went out and got it on my own on the exchange. All I know is the child doesn't have coverage through the big carriers since that is what the exchange can check against. I make about $43/yr including bonuses. From what I know, she makes around $11/hr. I will not be asking for any child support if I get my custody preference, which is to remain the same at 1 weekday and e/o weekend for her. She's firing back with 50-50 based on... nothing.. but crazy things happen and I like to be prepared. In the event she gets her way, can I expect to pay child support? In the event that I get my way, can she still ask for child support (she's hopping mad, and is looking for ways to punish me) despite the fact that she has had and will have our kid significantly less than me? Remember, she may or may not already carry health insurance for the child. I will find that out at court, hopefully. And now, I definitely also carry insurance for the child.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
PA.

I am just trying to think ahead, at all times. Ive had our kid most of the time for quite a few years. Since we split the only thing Mom took care of was insurance. She lost a few jobs and stopped giving me insurance info. To this day, I'm not sure if the kid has insurance or not with her, so I just went out and got it on my own on the exchange. All I know is the child doesn't have coverage through the big carriers since that is what the exchange can check against. I make about $43/yr including bonuses. From what I know, she makes around $11/hr. I will not be asking for any child support if I get my custody preference, which is to remain the same at 1 weekday and e/o weekend for her. She's firing back with 50-50 based on... nothing.. but crazy things happen and I like to be prepared. In the event she gets her way, can I expect to pay child support? In the event that I get my way, can she still ask for child support (she's hopping mad, and is looking for ways to punish me) despite the fact that she has had and will have our kid significantly less than me? Remember, she may or may not already carry health insurance for the child. I will find that out at court, hopefully. And now, I definitely also carry insurance for the child.
MAKE ONE THREAD WITH ALL YOUR CHILD ISSUES. Do not start numerous threads. I told you this once. PLEASE do this because it is easier for us to help you.

freedaviceyo

MAKE ONE THREAD WITH ALL YOUR CHILD ISSUES. Do not start numerous threads. I told you this once. PLEASE do this because it is easier for us to help you.
WHY ARE WE YELLLLLIIING???

Given that this is a topic that is so separate that it has been given its own separate sub-forum, I'm sure you can understand why it seems reasonable to start a new thread, on the board devoted specifically to this issue. If this rule about posting on all subjects in one continuous thread is made clear in a sticky, I would love to find it, because I have not been able to find any guidance on the preferred behavior of this forum - which, seems to be fairly different than most of the other boards I've ever frequented. I'd like to think I'm not blind, but I haven't found anything regarding the forum etiquette so if it's right in front of me, go easy on me! If no sticky has yet been created, I think it would be helpful.

Ladyback1

WHY ARE WE YELLLLLIIING???

Given that this is a topic that is so separate that it has been given its own separate sub-forum, I'm sure you can understand why it seems reasonable to start a new thread, on the board devoted specifically to this issue. If this rule about posting on all subjects in one continuous thread is made clear in a sticky, I would love to find it, because I have not been able to find any guidance on the preferred behavior of this forum - which, seems to be fairly different than most of the other boards I've ever frequented. I'd like to think I'm not blind, but I haven't found anything regarding the forum etiquette so if it's right in front of me, go easy on me! If no sticky has yet been created, I think it would be helpful.
she's "yelling" because you didn't listen the first time.....

Keeping the minutia all in one thread actually benefits you. It makes it easier for the people who have something useful to say to have all the details without having to search all over the forums.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">