• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro-Se Filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? FL

Once I go to the courthouse and file my response to the modification & fill out any other paperwork, can anyone give me an idea the process and what happens next? Am I going to end up in court pleading my own case?

CandiceH

Yes. You if you do not have an attorney representing you, you are going to be representing yourself. If you are well-informed it can work for you. If you have any questions, you can use the search engine for this site and most likely find your answers. If there is something that you cant find....ask. This site can be very informative. FYI...I no longer have an attorney and I am getting further without one than I was WITH so good luck. SIT BACK AND READ

CandiceH

It CAN be intimidating BUT you can become informed. Once you know your legal rights - you are one step closer to becoming successful. I am going back to read through your threads (I know one was locked) and familiarize myself - okay, you are going through a modification. You have had a lot of your questions answered. You have obviously been to family court before and you should not let it intimidate you. You were given links to obtain information. That information may do you some good in court. Like I said, dont be intimidated but be informed. Dont bring up things that are irrelevant - stick to the facts.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Tori's Dad said:
What is the name of your state? FL

Once I go to the courthouse and file my response to the modification & fill out any other paperwork, can anyone give me an idea the process and what happens next? Am I going to end up in court pleading my own case?
Without an attorney then yes, if you take it that far you are going to end up in court pleading your own case.

If you get to that point then you better be able to prove darn sure WHY your calculation is different from the CS agency's calculation....and WHY your calculation is the accurate one and their's isn't

Do you understand what I am telling you? Throughout this entire thread you haven't come up with a single reason why you are coming up with a different calculation. You haven't even responded to suggestions from posters regarding what might cause the difference.

You are going to have to explain that to the judge. So FIGURE OUT what is causing the difference.

GrowUp!

LdiJ said:
Without an attorney then yes, if you take it that far you are going to end up in court pleading your own case.

If you get to that point then you better be able to prove darn sure WHY your calculation is different from the CS agency's calculation....and WHY your calculation is the accurate one and their's isn't

Do you understand what I am telling you? Throughout this entire thread you haven't come up with a single reason why you are coming up with a different calculation. You haven't even responded to suggestions from posters regarding what might cause the difference.

You are going to have to explain that to the judge. So FIGURE OUT what is causing the difference.
And also what the OP needs to realize is that although she will be doing this pro se, the CSEA's attorney will wind up being in the court room (most likely), along with the other parent, so the CSEA's attorney will come in there prepared to support their findings.

tigger22472

GrowUp! said:
And also what the OP needs to realize is that although she will be doing this pro se, the CSEA's attorney will wind up being in the court room (most likely), along with the other parent, so the CSEA's attorney will come in there prepared to support their findings.
The OP is the father... NCP.. he is the one with the post the other day about the modification process in FL. that trailed off into whether or not he sees his child and if that lack of visitation can figure into a higher support.

GrowUp!

tigger22472 said:
The OP is the father... NCP.. he is the one with the post the other day about the modification process in FL. that trailed off into whether or not he sees his child and if that lack of visitation can figure into a higher support.
Aahhhhh. I remember that one.

Just wanted to update everyone that I filed my request for the answer for modifications this week. I will keep everyone updated as my case progresses.

Thanks for all the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">