• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proper court documents to stop child support payments??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

As soon as you have paperwork from MS. saying your husband is no longer responsible for child support, fax it to DFAS!!! It will take about a month for them to implement it, (got to love the military's hurry up to wait syndrome :p) so what you need is another order saying Mom must pay back any Child Support received after date that termination of Child Support. If Mom does not pay back amount she receives after order of stop on CS take it to small claims court, if under, I believe 1000.00.

Emstrak

Yeah...the paperwork is already in process. The Attorney who handled the adoption sent her a formal letter stating the amount she owed him...so hopefully she will understand that she is legally obligated to return the money, however...I'm not sure he will sue. Probably won't be worth the time or effort. It does irk me, but he has deligently paid it every month for four years...what's another month or two?? Oh and yes...they "hurry up and wait" plan for the Military is oh so wonderful! :rolleyes:

fairisfair

Plum: I have every right to voice an opinion, never stopped anyone on this board before to say what they feel/think. Because you don't like me doesn't mean I can't or should not comment, your opinions you can keep to yourself or post em, who cares....

p.s. don't ya think its rather redundant to tell someone to "be quiet" on a public forum" Eye roll right back at ya....
how about shut up.

do you find that "redundant"???

I am sure that even though no one else wants to hear you, and that even though the poster has made it clear that she is not interested in your babble, you will continue to do so. . . . .

Now THAT is redundant.

by the way, buy a dictionary, one with all the big 3 syllable words in it.

Last edited:

hearts41

how about shut up.

do you find that "redundant"???

I am sure that even though no one else wants to hear you, and that even though the poster has made it clear that she is not interested in your babble, you will continue to do so. . . . .

Now THAT is redundant.

by the way, buy a dictionary, one with all the big 3 syllable words in it.
I could care less what the "op" wants to hear. I don't want to hear her babble either about why it is they find it necessary or not to give rights up to a child, their life, not mine. Most everyone else on here is free to voice their opinions, you included. Thats why it's called a public forum. If you don't wish to engage in conversation on a public forum my suggestion to you is find a private one.
Good day to you.

Emstrak

Sorry...but I just can't resist...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You state that you do not want to hear my babble, but yet you continue to come back to this thread. That makes no sense. If you really didn't care what I or anyone else had to say, you would have said your peace and moved on. I just can't help but think that you are the type of person who thrives off getting people riled up here. :confused:

fairisfair

Sorry...but I just can't resist...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You state that you do not want to hear my babble, but yet you continue to come back to this thread. That makes no sense. If you really didn't care what I or anyone else had to say, you would have said your peace and moved on. I just can't help but think that you are the type of person who thrives off getting people riled up here. :confused:
No, she isn't nearly that exciting. She is merely REDUNDANT.

fairisfair

I could care less what the "op" wants to hear. I don't want to hear her babble either about why it is they find it necessary or not to give rights up to a child, their life, not mine. Most everyone else on here is free to voice their opinions, you included. Thats why it's called a public forum. If you don't wish to engage in conversation on a public forum my suggestion to you is find a private one.
Good day to you.
and if all you need is to hear yourself talk, I would suggest a tape recorder, or perhaps a myspace blog.

In case you were to busy blithering to notice, this happens to be Emstrak's thread, NOT YOURS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">