• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proving Custody Without a Court Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erivera1122

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Here is my question...

What other methods besides a court order can be used to provide evidence of custodial time with the children? I'm asking because my ex-wife recently became unhappy with the child support she was being paid (which was more than the state guideline determined she would be paid) and decided to open a case with the local child support agency. While giving her information, she told her case worker that I do not see the childen, however, I have been having the children with me every weekend, all summer, all winter breaks, all spring breaks, and extended weekends for the 3 years we've been separated.

I feel that just being able to show that her story is inconsistent would be enough since by her saying she has them on the weekends is contrary to her having to work nights on the weekends, which is why I have the children every weekend. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated especially since I would like to avoid going to court. It's not like she isn't letting me see the children, but I don't appreciate her dishonesty about the time I actually have them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">