• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Assistance and Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LeahWoodP

What is the name of your state? New York. The State of New York is taking me to Court becauase my 18 year old daughter got Public Assistance for 4 months. I am a resident of Florida and have never been to the State of New York. Is there any way to fight this charge and win?

yugla

I am not sure of NY assistant laws. I would first think she had to get it under the claimed incomes of the custodial adult who applied for it. Do you have custody? She lived with you? was she over 18 (an adult - not my problem) when she applied and received? was it a fraudulent claim?

beyond that it sounds like you are caught in the lazy ass stupid workings of the mechanics of a government agency that tries to justify their existence. Lie, cheat what ever. Hey you are a quadriplegic, never left the state of Fl, what ever it takes but get out the machine, play dumb. Demand info up front from them. They have your address and name but where did they get that? Who applied? Not you, weren’t you mugged once in Orlando, maybe some one stole your identity. “This all news to me. Send me the application Mr. Social worker.” Record your calls to them. Depending on state statute let them know you are recording the call [ to use if needed.]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">