• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purge amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisalvlylocks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky My ex-husband has been charged with contempt of court for not paying child support. He owes 22,600.00 in arrearanges. He just bought a house in 09/2011. What will his purge amount be? Or will he spend time in jail?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky My ex-husband has been charged with contempt of court for not paying child support. He owes 22,600.00 in arrearanges. He just bought a house in 09/2011. What will his purge amount be? Or will he spend time in jail?
He could spend time in jail or he could be ordered a purge amount. Why does it matter he just bought a house in 2011?

lisalvlylocks

he just bought a house for him and his new girlfriend, sometimes that influences the purge amount that will be ordered. So it was included in the question. I was hoping I could get an answer from someone knowledgeable about the subject.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
he just bought a house for him and his new girlfriend, sometimes that influences the purge amount that will be ordered. So it was included in the question. I was hoping I could get an answer from someone knowledgeable about the subject.
How about you go hire an attorney since you know more about the subject than I do? Okay.

meanyjack

he just bought a house for him and his new girlfriend, sometimes that influences the purge amount that will be ordered. .
It does? Hmm. I'm sure you can cite statute or case law to support that, huh?

I'm sure you'll provide that as soon as you provide proof HE bought a house and forked over the entire cost of the house upfront. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

It does? Hmm. I'm sure you can cite statute or case law to support that, huh?

I'm sure you'll provide that as soon as you provide proof HE bought a house and forked over the entire cost of the house upfront. :rolleyes:
He had to have had at least a downpayment available for the house. If he had a downpayment, he had money to put towards his child support.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
He had to have had at least a downpayment available for the house. If he had a downpayment, he had money to put towards his child support.
Or maybe his g/f had the money to put down. OP doesn't really seem to know.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Not necessarily. Whose name is on the mortgage? Whose name is on the title? How much of a down payment did he need? What type of purchase was this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">