• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJG1982

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado
My ex is the custodial parent of our daughter. I know that she moved an hour and a half away from the town she lives in last year and left our daughter behind with the grandmother and I didn't find out for a couple of months. When I found out, I filed for custody and so my ex moved back in with her mother and the whole thing was dropped. My question is, I know that she moved again in January and she told my mother that she took our daughter with her. I don't really believe her because she has left her before. When I pick her up for the weekends, it's always in a neutral place and I'm not on speaking terms with my ex. I don't want to drill my daughter but I do want to know if she's living with the grandmother. I pay child support through the CSE unit. Should I contact the CSE or someone else? If my daughter is staying with her grandmother, I will file for custody but in the mean time, I would want the child support to go to the grandmother. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Who drops the granddaughter off for the visits? If it's the grandmother, why don't you ask her if she is keeping the child?

CJG1982

It's either the grandmother or the mother. I live a couple of hours away, so we usually meet half way. Sometimes my mom will pick her up and I'll go down for the weekend and not even see my ex or the grandmother. I would attempt to ask the grandmother or my ex but we are NOT on speaking terms and they would probably lie anyways. I'm not sure if I can request something through the court or the CSE to have her verify that our daughter is living with her.

For the sake of your daughter's welfare, don't you think that you ought to speak to them about the child's living arrangements rather than excusing yourself from responsibility? CSE will most likely not be able to help you.

CJG1982

I'm not excusing myself from the responsibility at all. I have tried talking to them and I get nowhere. They don't even want me in my daughter's life. You are sure quick to pass judgement on people. I thought this site was for legal ADVICE, not questions or accusations. If you do not have ADVICE, please do not reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">