• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

Ive posted here before about my situation. It is long cause its complicated. I broke it down in paragraphs.

I have a question, I have asked here before. But updated.
Just to run down the situation.

Late Dec my daughters father filed for a downward modification. Petition said he was having problems/arguing with boss, he injured his knee(in Sept 2005) but didnt lose any time. He couldnt take working the "5 days for 6 days pay" (he was salary and he was a superintendant for a company so there was obvious time restraints and etc). He also stated no time for wife and kids (his 4 step kids).

He also added in the financial statement that anotehr thing to be considered is hes having a hard time supporting his wife and her 4 kids (but theire ages are 12, 15,17, and 19). Why is he claiming to support a 19 yr old step kid when he isnt supporting his own. So he quit the job. He said he tried to find something fast couldnt find anything in his field cause of the season (being winter time, sometimes difficult in winter time) so he took a low paying job $300 a wk (ive seen the paystub very odd, just says $300 no hours worked, and no payrate.

First court date was Jan he focused on stress and arguing with boss.

Went back in Feb, he focused on his knee injury, said he had surgery feb 15th. When asked for WC paperwork, he claimed he didnt have any and he never filed a claim. So magistrate suggested he obtain a WC lawyer and try filing a claim. Court was done, magistrate set date for the trial. Its scheduled for end of April. Well all this time he hasnt been paying any support. Well this week I received a payment and I knew it wasnt a normal payment so I call the unit and they told me it was cause they did the tax intercept. But that her father called them and he gave them the info for his WC (claim number and etc) only cause he was one week away from losing his license.

Now weather is becoming warmer and nicer so would be perhaps a little easier to find a job in his career esp since he used that as a reason why he couldnt find one in Dec in his field.

Now that he has the WC paperwork how will this affect the judges answer, or I should say how does this usually affect the outcome of the trial. Its most likely temporary situation. His career is carpentry/construction would they impute his salary based on his career.

I realize no one can predict the answer. But How often will the judge automatically impute his income or do I have to ask for him to do that. What are the chances of the judge allowing him to have it lowered based on his $300 a wk paystub especially considering this. What is usually considered?

Hes a shiesty guy and I dont trust him esp with the weird paystub. I think hes playing here. Yes he hurt his knee etc ok he went through some hard times (hes crying about his mortgage and his 4 step kids $250 bill a month for clothing and shoes-which I thought werent my daughters fathers problem pertaining to his financial statement in my daughters support order). I have stress, hard times etc esp with him not helping, I am working 2 jobs. Before his surgery he was delivering stove and kitchen equipment, doesnt sound that severe (or disabling) obviously if he was able to "take it"(working with the injury for 4-5 months. But he had the surgery to fix it and as soon as court is over he will go back and find a better paying job still paying the lower amount and then he beat the system. Hes been trying to avoid taking responsibility from day one.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">