• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

e1d27

What is the name of your state? Florida

We actually live in Louisiana, but the child, my fiance's son, lives in Florida, which is where the CSO was filed.

The mother has recently started purchasing outrageous items, meanwhile my fiance and I live pay check to pay check. I heard that we can appoint a trustee that will receive our child support payments, re-imburse the mother for expenses she can prove she incurred for the child, and then put whatever is left over of the child support payments into a trust that will be set aside for the child. That way the mother cannot use the remaining child support for her own benefit. Does anyone know if this is true?

S

shell007

e1d27 said:

We actually live in Louisiana, but the child, my fiance's son, lives in Florida, which is where the CSO was filed.

The mother has recently started purchasing outrageous items, meanwhile my fiance and I live pay check to pay check. I heard that we can appoint a trustee that will receive our child support payments, re-imburse the mother for expenses she can prove she incurred for the child, and then put whatever is left over of the child support payments into a trust that will be set aside for the child. That way the mother cannot use the remaining child support for her own benefit. Does anyone know if this is true?
Sounds like YOU have a little "jelly" on your face. Jealous that is! Wipe it off and move on!

Neal1421

e1d27 said:

You heard wrong.

Neal1421

shellandty said:
Do you think the NEW JEALOUS WIFE got the message yet?
I doubt it. She probably busy in La La Land where people magically don't have to pay for rent, utilities, clothes and food. Where the hell does she get off asking something like that?

I have several questions for her though.

Does the child have a roof over it's head?
Clothes on it's back?
Food to eat?

If so, that is where the money is going.

S

shell007

She probably busy in La La Land where people magically don't have to pay for rent, utilities, clothes and food.
Where can I get one of these deals? Walmart???? K-mart Blue light special???

Zephyr

e1d27 said:

Whoever told you that does not know what they are talking about. That kind of set up will never happen so just let go of that idea.

Also, cs is between the child's parents- it is not your concern at all:rolleyes:

CandiceH

I am so sick and tired of hearing the new spouse or signficant other getting pissy because there is a child support order. FYI ..... This is none of your business and you need to keep your nose out matters pertaining to HIS child! Why shouldnt he pay his share of feeding, clothing and providing shelter for HIS child and who are YOU to say HOW that money SHOULD be spent! Get over it and pick the battles that are worth fighting!

shellandty said:
Do you think the NEW JEALOUS WIFE got the message yet?
correction NEW JEALOUS FIANCE' :rolleyes:

If she doesn't like to live paycheck to paycheck, she needs to dump the left over zero, and find herself a hero.

I hear it's just as easy to marry a rich one as a poor one. :p

i'm tired of hearing people tell steps that it's none of thier business where thier spouses money goes. do you think it's your business how your spouse spends his/her money?

no, i don't have a say in how CS is spent, or how much support is paid, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't effect me in any way or that it doesn't drive me crazy that we (yes we, i pay bills and mortgage too) also provide a roof over the kids heads, food in thier bellies, and clothes on thier backs, then as soon as they turn 18 and cs reduces bm decides to kick them out and not spend one red cent on them anymore. yes, i have to deal with it. i know. i chose to get married to someone with kids, i know, but i didn't know how hard it would be.

fairisfair

Ithildriel said:
correction NEW JEALOUS FIANCE' :rolleyes:

If she doesn't like to live paycheck to paycheck, she needs to dump the left over zero, and find herself a hero.

I hear it's just as easy to marry a rich one as a poor one. :p
If that is true, then one of you gals owes me a couple of rich ones:D

texastepmom said:
i'm tired of hearing people tell steps that it's none of thier business where thier spouses money goes. do you think it's your business how your spouse spends his/her money?

no, i don't have a say in how CS is spent, or how much support is paid, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't effect me in any way or that it doesn't drive me crazy that we (yes we, i pay bills and mortgage too) also provide a roof over the kids heads, food in thier bellies, and clothes on thier backs, then as soon as they turn 18 and cs reduces bm decides to kick them out and not spend one red cent on them anymore. yes, i have to deal with it. i know. i chose to get married to someone with kids, i know, but i didn't know how hard it would be.
Then you should be warning people such as this one that hasn't married him yet, how hard it is. Warn her that this child will, in the courts eyes come BEFORE any child that she has with him if she marries him. That his commitment to this child will supercede anything that she wants or needs until he is no longer court ordered to support him (no mention made as to if support ends at 18 or through college). Warn her that the court will never care what she has to say in regards to this child. Warn her that the childs mother will always have a place in her husbands life, even after the child is no longer supported. There will be weddings, grandchildren, that these two peoples lives are forever entertwined with each other, and if she can't deal with it now, then she should get out! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">